This privacy notice discloses privacy practices for the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools. This privacy notice applies to information collected by this website (www.publiccharters.org), when you submit information to us (such as by engaging with public officials), or when you otherwise interact with us. It will notify you of the following:
- The personal information we may collect, how we use it, and how we share it.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We collect the information you provide to us. This may include the following:
- Mailing address
- School affiliation
- Job classification/type
- Credit card information
- Information volunteered by users for blog comments, personal impact stories, or other similar items.
- For purposes of conference registration or sponsorship, we may collect the following additional information:
- School/organization name
- Mailing address
- Job title
- Previous conference participation/interests
- Age range
- Need to be contacted for ADA needs
- Agreement to appear on attendee roster or not
- Guest name
- Check number/PO number
For purposes of the Job Board, we may collect the following additional information:
- Job descriptions
- Contact information
INFORMATION COLLECTION, USE, AND SHARING
YOUR ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OVER INFORMATION
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We request information from you on our order form for events. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we'll use this information to contact you. We use an outside credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes beyond filling your order.
We use "cookies" on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. We capture the standard information: IP address, operating system, browser. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site. We use an outside shipping company to ship orders, and a credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes beyond filling your order.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
From time-to-time we request information via surveys or advocacy efforts. Participation in these surveys and efforts is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and address), demographic information (such as zip code, age level), information about your school, and other information you chose to provide.