To understand how charter schools have spent ESSER funds to support student and school outcomes, Bellwether interviewed the leaders of five charter schools and charter management organizations (CMOs) about how they used their ESSER funds and drafted short case studies based on those conversations. Each case study highlights the school’s or CMO’s primary uses of ESSER funds across all three funding rounds.
The five case study schools/networks are:
- InspireNOLA Charter School (New Orleans, LA)
- LEAD Charter School (Newark, NJ)
- Noble Schools (Chicago, IL)
- Nurses Institute Middle College (Providence, RI)
- Rocketship Public Schools (nationwide)