Today a core group of charter school advocates join NAPCS staff members in meetings on Capitol Hill, but all of us can take part in advocacy today - whether or not we’re in Washington.
On Facebook and here on the Charter Blog, we’re asking our social networks to take a few minutes out of their busy schedule to call (202) 609-8587 and let your Representative in Congress know why YOU support charters!
If you prefer to take action online, you can do it at the United States House of Representatives web site by entering your zip code.
Just as you make your voice heard in the House, some of our national charter leaders will be speaking up in the Senate.
Today in the U.S. Senate Committee on Health Education Labor & Pensions Hearing Room, the following panelists will discuss the merits and opportunities for charter schools.
• Jessica Cunningham, Chief Academic Officer, KIPP D.C.
• Peter Groff, President and CEO, National Alliance for Public Charter Schools
• Lisa Graham Keegan, Principal Partner, Keegan Company (Moderator)
• David Hansen, Vice President of Policy and Advocacy, National Association of Charter School Authorizers
• Scott Pearson, Associate Assistant Deputy Secretary, Office of Innovation and Improvement, U.S. Department of Education
• Sarah Newell Usdin, Founder and CEO, New Schools for New Orleans