Riverview Charter School is a K-8 Charter School open to residents of Beaufort County in Beaufort, SC. Riverview opened in August 2009.
Riverview Charter School’s mission is to create a small, diverse learning community that actively engages students in meaningful and innovative learning experiences. Emphasizing “learning by doing,” family and community involvement, and engaged citizenship, Riverview is committed to nurturing the whole child and preparing each student for a global society.
WHY JOIN US?
- Riverview is ranked in the top 3% of South Carolina schools (K-8)
- K-8 School with 608 Students (2016 - 2017)
- Competitive salary (comparable to Beaufort County School District)
- Positive and supportive work environment
- Passionate, dedicated, innovative, and caring teachers and staff
- State Benefits (Insurance, Retirement, Supply and NBC stipends)
- Small class size of 19 students per homeroom; student to teacher ratio is 19:2 (K-1), 19:1 (3-8)
- Involved parents
- Priority status for children after one year’s work experience
- Modern technology in each classroom (ipad, AppleTV, MacBook laptops)
- Shared planning time with grade level teammates (minimum of 75 minutes/day)
- Fall, winter, spring breaks
- Teachers earn 10 days of Paid Time Off annually (FTE for part-time)
- School of Choice: Teachers and Families CHOOSE to be at Riverview Charter School!
Beaufort, SC, SC 29906