Overview of Career Academy of South Bend
Career Academy of South Bend is a K-12 public charter school that consists of one elementary school (Success Academy K-5), middle school (Career Academy Middle School 6-8), and high school (Career Academy High School 9-12). Our high school and middle school are “A” rated schools and our elementary school is a “B” rated school. We have currently maxed out our classroom capacity with 1260 students. At Career Academy of South Bend we believe:
● In creating a learning environment that is focused on project-based learning (PBL). By bringing real-life context and technology to the curriculum through a PBL approach, students are encouraged to become independent and critical thinkers, collaborative and self-sufficient workers, and lifelong learners.
● In providing staff at Career Academy of South Bend with on-going Professional Development and coaching support so that all students are provided with rigorous and authentic curricula.
● In providing the staff at Career Academy of South Bend the support to develop high-level and engaging instructional practices that meet the needs of all students.
● In providing students with multiple opportunities after graduation. Career Academy has a robust Career and Technical Education (CTE) program and Early College program. Our CTE program pathways consist of Welding, Advanced Manufacturing, Health Sciences, Business, and Computer Science. Our Early College program allows are incoming freshman who complete the entire program successfully to have 30 college credits that will transfer to any Indiana public university.
● In an entrepreneurial mindset in all our initiatives