Position: Long-Term Substitute Teacher (1st Grade ELA)
Reports to: School Director
Who We Are
The United Schools Network (USN) is a nonprofit organization in Columbus, Ohio, that starts and manages urban public charter schools that close the opportunity gap. The network includes two high-performing middle schools, a high-performing elementary school, and launched a second elementary school in the fall of 2017. We are seeking a Long-Term Substitute teacher for 1st grade during a maternity leave at United Preparatory Academy-State St.
Vision & Mission
Vision: For every child, an open door.
Mission: Transforming lives and our communities through the power of education.
1. We hold high academic and behavioral expectations to ensure the growth of every student.
2. We engage and grow competent and experienced school leadership and staff.
3. We offer a rigorous academic program with intentional student supports and a comprehensive character education program.
4. We provide clear standards, research-proven curriculum, and frequent assessment.
5. We are a mission-driven school community.
Our Students and Results
• Admission is open to all students; academic proficiency is not considered during the admissions process.
• 75% of our students are students of color and 90% are economically disadvantaged.
• USN schools serve students in grades K-8 and have a robust alumni services program.
• USN 8th graders regularly gain acceptance to the top high school programs in the city.
Joining Our Team
United Preparatory Academy will consider hiring a Long-Term Substitute teacher who:
• Is dedicated to educational success for all students.
• Is committed to using data-driven instructional practices and the techniques outlined in Teach Like a Champion 2.0 to improve student outcomes.
• Is relentless in writing and refining curriculum, lessons, and assessments.
• Is open and committed to implementing frequent feedback from lead teachers and school leaders.
• Communicates effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
• Holds a B.A./B.S. degree and the appropriate teaching license.
• Has demonstrated student achievement results in an urban school (preferred).
• Completes other duties as assigned by the School Director.
This placement will begin on March 26, 2018 and last through June 15, 2018. Compensation will be paid based on a daily rate; teachers are eligible to participate in Ohio’s State Teacher Retirement System. United Preparatory Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply online at www.applitrack.com/cca/onlineapp.