Network - Talent
Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the Director of Recruitment and Selection, the Senior Recruitment and Selection Manager manages the selection process and life cycle of network and school-based leader candidates, ensuring that candidates receive an exceptional experience from application through onboarding, and DREAM hires top talent with a diversity and equity lens. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about ensuring that we fulfill our mission for students and families by working strategically and tirelessly to hire the right people as quickly as possible across our schools and network.
Like all DREAM employees, the Senior Recruitment and Selection Manager should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Candidates must also value DREAM's comprehensive approach to education and desire to make a lasting impact in underserved communities as part of a growing organization.
- Develop and execute on the outreach strategy for school leader and network roles
- Manage the selection of exceptional candidates through all stages of DREAM's interview process for a portfolio of school leader and network roles
- Develop and execute on recruitment and selection strategies
- Recommend, create, and consistently utilize systems to guide and track the effectiveness and efficiency of recruitment and selection strategies, in partnership with the talent operations team
- Assist in the refinement of selection guidelines, tools, and processes to ensure that all teams are equipped with the necessary resources to hire top candidates (including drafting selection processes as needed), with a diversity and equity lens
- Build and maintain relationships with candidates throughout the full hiring cycle, and strategically manage candidate relationships to ensure high offer acceptance rates
- Create and manage strong partnerships with hiring managers and serve as a strategic partner in selecting the best possible talent for their teams, including advising on job descriptions, candidate profile, and selection processes
- Create deep alignment with hiring managers to plan and lead recruiting efforts to ensure high offer rates, and collaborate to ensure high offer acceptance rates
- Analyze recruitment metrics and feedback from hiring managers to advise on improvements to recruitment and selection processes
- Develop and execute on talent outreach strategies to develop high-quality and diverse candidate pools for current and anticipated openings
- May provide functional guidance, advice and/or training to new team members
- Represent DREAM at public engagements, networking events, conferences, job fairs, and meetings, communicating compellingly about DREAM's mission and model, and serve as a model ambassador for DREAM as a great place to work.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Teaching and leadership experience, particularly at high-performing charter schools, strongly preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of experience recruiting for a nonprofit or charter school network organization, preferred
- Excellent critical thinking skills, including the ability to connect the dots to anticipate and solve for challenges
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- High standards for quality of work and a desire to improve continuously
- Ability to develop strong relationships and authentically connect with candidates, prospects, and colleagues
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Eagerness to work collaboratively to solve problems
- A deep commitment to DREAM, including the ability and desire to serve as the organization's ambassador, including a commitment to talent practices that ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.