Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Programs, the ideal candidate provides the required leadership to articulate and drive towards the vision and objectives of DREAM's schools and programs, striving towards excellence in all educational and youth development endeavors. Candidates must also understand and value DREAM's comprehensive approach to youth development and inspire, lead, and motivate DREAM staff to drive outcomes that support youth in recognizing their potential and realizing their dreams.
* Set vision and provide coaching and professional development across DREAM schools and programs to drive family and community engagement strategies that lead to exceptional educational and youth development outcomes for students, families and staff;
* Develop, define, and track annual and multi-year goals to engage families and community partners in school and program work and ensure that DREAM plays a key role in the communities that we serve;
* Lead continuous improvement and innovation work on family and community engagement strategy;
* Conduct cyclical analysis of family engagement data to support key organizational leaders in creating welcoming school/program environments, building trusting relationships with families, training family leaders, linking families to student learning, and connecting families to larger resources in the community;
* Build network of community partnerships to meet the needs of DREAM's families and students;
* Support with relationship building with external community partners, elected officials and key community stakeholders for DREAM schools and programs;
* In collaboration with school-based leaders, create and implement development and supervision and professional development plans for Family and Community Engagement teams across schools and program;
* Support family and community outreach for DREAM Schools and programs future growth and expansion.
* Masters Degree in Social Work or related field
* Minimum of five years of leadership experience with a record of achievement for all children and/or families
* Extensive knowledge of best practices in family and community engagement, community organizing, and social work
* Willingness to be hands-on and do whatever it takes to develop and maintain an excellent system of schools and programs through family and community engagement
* Ability to think critically and maintain a detail-orientation when accomplishing all tasks
* Exemplary interpersonal skills for a wide variety of stakeholders from families to external partners
* A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the belief that all students can succeed, and a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.