Gateway Middle School is committed to helping each student – regardless of learning style or previous academic achievement – learn the skills, habits and knowledge necessary for success in college and beyond.
Key Characteristics of Gateway Middle School:
* A small school where all students are known well and supported to achieve at high levels
* A diverse student body that is supported to be active partners in their education
* A strong commitment to and respect for diversity and difference
* An emphasis on four core values and restorative practices to develop positive relationships and community
* A faculty who believes that all students learn differently and who vary their approaches to meet individuals’ needs
* A supportive adult community characterized by continuous learning, reflection and collaboration--particularly in support of anti-racist, inclusive, and equity-focused practices.
Gateway’s Approach to Science:
An inquiry-based approach to Science, focused on the process and practices scientists use to investigate the world and an integrated approach to NGSS middle grades curriculum
8th Grade Science Teacher Responsibilities:
* Teach four sections of NGSS-aligned Science
* Collaborate with teaching team to plan curriculum, lessons and assessments
* Lead a daily Advisory of 17-20 students, supporting their social-emotional growth and academic learning
* Collaborate with subject area and grade level teams to analyze student learning, differentiate instruction and build a positive school culture
* Commitment to Gateway's mission is essential, including a desire to work with a diverse student body
* Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and parents
* Desire to be part of building common instructional practices and the larger school culture and community
* Current California credential required -- Multiple Subjects or Single Subject Science
* Bilingual and BIPOC candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
To Apply: Please e-mail or send the following:
* Your resume and a cover letter addressing your understanding of and commitment to Gateway’s mission.
* Three letters of recommendation
* Proof of a CA teaching credential or information indicating your eligibility to receive one.
* Optional: A lesson plan or other materials indicative of your educational philosophy.
Gateway Middle School
Attn: Hiring Manager
1512 Golden Gate Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94115
Gateway Middle School supports and challenges all students to discover their unique potential, actively participate in their community, and develop skills and habits to achieve excellence in high school and college.
For more information about Gateway Middle School, please visit our website at www.gatewaymiddle.org