The Cottonwood Valley Charter School Administrator shall be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the School, and may have teaching duties. In addition, the Administrator shall represent Cottonwood Valley Charter School at professional meetings, at community events, and in any other capacity to support the role of the School in the community.
The Administrator will, with input from parents, faculty, and the Governing Council, be responsible for the supervision and evaluation of all teaching and support staff in the school. The Administrator shall work closely with faculty members to ensure their educational and professional needs are met in regards to their employment with the School.
● Supervises the development, implementation and maintenance of school policies and procedures.
● Supervises the coordination and implementation of CVCS instructional program and ancillary and operational support programs and assists in their development.
● Monitors school activities and policies for adherence to all district, state and federal regulations.
● Assesses appropriateness of school services and programs.
● Involves staff, students, parents and the community in contributing directly to the development of the school.
● Evaluates the work of the school staff following school policies and procedures and provides reports as required.
● Provides or cooperates in staff member recognition or problem remediation as requested.
● Aids in the development and coordination of the CVCS Professional Development Plan.
● Conducts staff meetings.
● Responsible for recruitment and selection of applicants for school positions.
● Establishes programs and communication procedures to encourage committee participation, student organizations, community support and extra-curricular activities.
● Committed to the school’s participation in the Extended Learning Time Program (ELTP) and believe the programming should be high-quality and implementation of
interventions should be based on best practices.
● Complies with state-approved Code of Ethics of the Education Profession and upholds and enforces rules, administrative directives and regulations, Governing Council policies, and local, state and federal regulations.
● Articulates and facilitates the implementation of the CVCS Mission and Goals and Objectives.
● Safeguards confidentiality of privileged information.
● Shares responsibility for the supervision and care of school inventory, proper and safe use of facilities, equipment and supplies, and reports safety hazards.
● Maintains professional relationships and works cooperatively with the staff, the Governing Council and the community.
● Maintains professional competence through professional development.
● Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Training and Experience
All applicants are required to possess or exceed the following education, training, or experience:
● Appropriate advanced degree
● New Mexico Level IIIA license or higher
● Possess or willingness to obtain a New Mexico administrative licensure within one year of hire
● Prior experience in school leadership role as an administrator/principal or head instructor
Required Professional Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
All applicants are required to possess or exceed the following qualifications, skills, and abilities:
● Demonstrated leadership capabilities
● Willingness to work with a governing council comprised of parents and community members
● Ability to develop positive and supportive relationships with students in grade levels K through 8
● Willingness to develop and maintain positive relationships with diverse family populations
● Ability to create and maintain an outstanding school culture for students and staff
● Ability to learn, adapt, and adjust to changes in educational requirements
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Desire to work in a fluid, dynamic work environment
● Ability to multi-task and problem solve
Preferred Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
Preference will be given to applicants that possess or exceed the following qualifications, demonstrated skills, and abilities:
● Prior Charter School experience
● Understanding of the requirements of Charter School performance contracts
● Familiarity with Common Core State Standards
● Ability to network and represent Charter School at the local and state levels
● Capability to design, deliver, evaluate and encourage on-going professional development for teachers and staff members
● Understanding of the process to develop and maintain a school budget