SUMMARY: The RTI/MTSS Intervention Specialist is a highly qualified, state certified educator responsible for delivering specific course content in an online environment. Specialists provide instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students’ individual needs. Specialists monitor student progress through various platforms, including the GCA approved curriculum and resources, and they actively work closely with teachers, students and parents/Learning Coaches to advance each student’s learning toward established goals. Specialists typically work from home but must travel occasionally throughout the year to various school functions, for state testing and as may be otherwise required by the school.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Provides intervention supports and monitors teacher progress monitoring for Tier 3 students; Keeps attendance reports on student participation;
Supports all Early Intervention Program/Academic Interventions Monitoring (EIP/AIM) teachers in implementing Tier 3 supports;
Attends weekly open offices with the compliancy specialist to review data for students;
Grades students’ writing samples;
Attends students’ eligibility meetings for Special Education;
Enters weekly Progress Monitoring data points in Infinite Campus including Reading Fluency, Reading Comprehension, Language, Written Expression, and Math for each Tier 3 student;
Supports teachers in entering and updating students’ Progress Monitoring in Infinite Campus;
Creates standards-based interventions in Math and ELA per grade level;
Attends SST/RTI meetings;
Emails communication to Learning Coach/staff;
Attends school and district meetings;
Assists RTI/MTSS Manager and Coordinator with completing Special Education referrals in Infinite Campus;
Takes ownership for student’s academic progress and attendance, communicating high expectations and showing active interest in student’s achievement;
Makes self open and available to be coached on a regular basis with administrators and instructional coaches;
Meets with leads, administration, collaborating teachers, students and parents/Learning Coaches to discuss student progress and instructional supports through the MTSS process;
Analyzes student data to support evidence of instructional support decisions
Establishes and maintains positive rapport with families and regularly communicates with students and learning coaches/parents on an ongoing regular basis regarding student academic progress;
Supports learning coaches/parents with student curricular and instructional issues in a virtual classroom environment, in line with academy policies and procedures;
Supports students and learning coaches with the set-up and maintenance of their learning environment including basic computer troubleshooting;
Understands how both diverse and unique characteristics of students and their families impact required support;
Works collaboratively with other teachers to ensure that all students are successfully progressing through the program, that parents have a central point of contact, and that tasks are distributed among the stakeholders;
Responds to students, parents and colleagues in timely manner.
Other Essential Functions
Organizes social and educational activities for students and families, including sponsorship of virtual clubs, outings, marketing events or other extracurricular activities as required;
Travels to testing sites to proctor state exams.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned.
* Builds community;
* Helps staff with any enrollment or retention efforts as directed;
* Participates in committees as required.
* Attends regular staff meetings and monthly RTI team meetings
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's degree AND
Six (6) months of student teaching experience AND
Meet requirements for Highly Qualified Teacher (HQT) in subject area under No Child Left Behind (NCLB)
Certificates and Licenses: Appropriate state teaching certification.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Pedagogical knowledge of content being taught and ability to apply critical thinking
• Knowledge of state content standards and ability to align those with the GCA curriculum
• Ability to embrace change/ adapt to ensure excellent student outcomes
• Ability to problem solve independently and have a high level of organization
• Understanding of interdependency of deadlines on multiple projects and able to act to preserve integrity on other people's deadlines
• Ability to work independently typically 40+ hours per week
• Ability to maintain a professional home office without distraction during work day, typically 8-5
• Ability to travel as required (on average once per month and/or approximately 10% of the time) for face to face professional development, student testing, and as required by school
• Access to reliable high speed internet
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word; PowerPoint;
• Ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new technologies and teaching platforms
• Ability to maintain teacher certification/professional development hours
• Ability to pass required background check
• Experience working with Special Education students and proposed age group
• Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
• Experience working in a virtual environment
• Experience teaching in an online (virtual) and/or in a brick and mortar environment
• Experience with virtual classroom engagement platforms
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This is a home-based position.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.