We are seeking an exceptional leader for Region Director in our Gulf/Atlantic Coast Group’s West Florida Region. As Director of the West Florida Region, the successful candidate will work under the direction of the Executive Vice President of Imagine for the Gulf/Atlantic Coast Group, and be responsible for the following locations:
Imagine Lakewood Ranch Bradenton, Florida PreK - 8
Imagine Land O Lakes Land O Lakes, Florida K - 8
Imagine North Manatee Palmetto, Florida PreK - 8
Imagine North Port Lower Campus North Port, Florida PreK - 5
Imagine North Port Upper Campus North Port, Florida 6 - 12
Imagine Palmer Ranch Sarasota, Florida PreK - 8
The successful candidate will have evidence of prior performance demonstrating:
• Development of and activities for running of school, including writing charters, communicating with districts and submitting charter applications.
• Motivating and leading teams of employees to high-performance; providing mentoring as a cornerstone to career development programs.
• Conducting staff development activities that include traditional as well as newer methodologies.
• Implementing the school’s charter in collaboration with the school’s Governing Board and the authorizer; developing solutions to school business challenges.
• Willingness to attain complete knowledge of and expertise with the Imagine Schools’ educational vision and goals.
• Willingness to attain complete knowledge of the Imagine Academic Excellence Framework and Acceleration Model.
• Establishing, communicating, and driving teams to school excellence and performance with the Imagine Schools’ Measures of Excellence.
• Assisting in the development of Region and School’s annual budgets and in tracking expenditures.
• Ability to create a document spreadsheet to analyze testing and financial data.
• Continually assessing school practices and procedures and communicating them to school leaders to enhance and support the diverse learning needs of students.
• Fostering a success-oriented, accountable environment.
• Overseeing the implementation and enforcement of all state and federal statutes and programs relating to school and ensuring school board compliance.
• Responsibility for the hiring and supervision of school employees.
• Responsibility for overseeing the management of a school leadership team including: development of the annual budget, student enrollment, overseeing the management of and provision of required financial reports to the board, district and state.
• Regularly communication with all members of the school community.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel can be expected.
• Education: Master’s in Teaching, Educational Administration or Leadership required and current Teaching Certification preferred.
• Experience: 5-10 years successful teaching and administrative experience.
• Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Strong analytical, leadership, project management and organizational skills. Ability to work with individuals with varying degrees of expertise in varied departments/organizations. Knowledge of current instructional practices; knowledge of current state and federal rules and regulations; knowledge of assessment and discipline methodology and computer literate (Word & Excel). Ability to work cooperatively and constructively with other staff, parents, vendors and community members a multi-cultural environment.
• Please send:
• Copies of your current certifications, including a Master’s of Education in Educational Leadership
• List of Imagine colleagues along with their contact information that could provide feedback on your leadership abilities
• A statement describing why you believe you are the exceptional Imagine Leader we are seeking
Imagine Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Imagine Schools is a non-profit national network of 57 public charter schools educating more than 31,000 students in eight states and the District of Columbia. Imagine Schools partners with parents and guardians to educate their children, providing high quality schools that prepare students for lives of leadership, accomplishment, and exemplary character. Learn more at ImagineSchools.org.