Network - Talent
Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the Director of Recruitment and Selection, the Recruitment and Selection Manager executes on the selection process to annually hire close to 300 part-time program staff at DREAM, ensuring that our after-school and summer programs have the talented staff they need in order to serve our students and families. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is highly organized and goal-driven to apply their skills to hire large numbers of talented and passionate youth-facing staff to execute on DREAM's mission.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the selection of candidates through all stages of DREAM's interview process for part-time community program roles (such as youth workers, summer reading teachers, and recess coaches)
- Consistently utilize and improve systems to guide and track the effectiveness and efficiency of talent recruitment for these roles
- Communicate with candidates in a timely manner throughout the hiring cycle to meet hiring goals and ensure high offer acceptance rates
- Create and manage strategic partnerships with hiring managers and serve as a partner in selecting the best possible talent for their teams
- Create deep alignment with hiring managers to ensure high offer rates, and collaborate to ensure high offer acceptance rates
- Develop and execute on talent outreach strategies to attract additional candidates, as needed
- Codify essential hiring information, including updating job descriptions, selection processes, and hiring goals
- Execute on outreach tactics to drive talent recruitment for all roles, including but not limited to: (1) Sourcing and reaching out to leads; (2) Uploading, managing, and cleaning up leads in candidate tracking system; (3) Additional talent outreach and operations tasks, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Prior experience recruiting for high-volume seasonal positions, strongly preferred
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems
- Strong drive to meet hiring goals, and ability to develop and execute on outreach strategies proactively to stay on track
- High standards for quality of work and a desire to improve continuously
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Eagerness to work collaboratively to solve problems
- A deep commitment to DREAM, including the ability and desire to serve as the organization's ambassador, including a commitment to talent practices that ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.