This position will be the primary resource for students and teachers regarding post-secondary options. They will help students realize
post-secondary options by meeting individually with students, using data, conducting workshops and designing activities that will
increase the number of college-bound students each year.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following:*
● Meets one-on-one with students (and parents, if required/desired) to discuss post-secondary goals; assists teachers in creating
individualized plans for students to reach their goal(s).
● Monitors overall attendance, GPA and expectations for graduation.
● Coordinates workshops or seminars quarterly to help inform students and teachers of their post-secondary options and equip
students with specific skills required for post-secondary life (i.e., interviewing skills, filling out job or college applications, etc.).
● Creates timely hand-outs (or posters) for teachers and students regarding requirements for specific options for students.
● Sets goals for the number of college-bound students each year. Track graduates to verify post-secondary activities.
● Tracks senior credit progression monthly to ensure students and teachers know what is required from each student for timely
● Monitors and informs in the area of SAT testing sessions, including an accurate master SAT testing calendar.
● Provides students resources for SAT preparation; facilitate SAT prep classes on site when appropriate.
● Stays up to date on, and informs students, parents, and teachers of the latest financial aid and scholarship information.
● Maintains post-secondary boards in centers.
● Interviews students with 200+ credits to ensure students are following their post-secondary path and are aware of the needed
● Reports postsecondary data to Assistant Superintendent and Director of Instructional Operations annually.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
● Ability to work independently and efficiently, exercising reasonable judgment, in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with
● Ability to synergize with field and corporate staff to implement the educational program.
● Ability to work effectively under pressure and demonstrate problem solving skills, while maintaining courtesy, professionalism,
and a customer service attitude.
● Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
● Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with students, parents, co-workers, and business contacts in a
courteous and professional manner.
● Working knowledge of MS Office and database management
Education and Experience:
● MA/MS Degree in Social Work or Counseling
● Current IL School Counselor certification/endorsement
● Prefer bi-lingual in English and Spanish.
If you are interested and would like to apply for this position, please use the link below to complete the online application.