Job Title: Principal, Moving Everest Charter School
Location: 416 N. Laramie Chicago, IL.
Reports To: Executive Director
What we are seeking: An inspirational, dedicated leader who is committed to building upon the initial school success and is passionate about using this strong foundation to achieve even greater growth and transformation in the lives of students, families, and colleagues.
About Moving Everest
We opened our school in August of 2015 with 175 students in kindergarten and first grade in a newly constructed school building and will grow to 810 students in grades K-8 at capacity. Each grade level has 90 students. This year, our third, we have 360 scholars in grades K, 1, 2, 3. We partner with By The Hand Club For Kids to help deliver holistic solutions to meet the needs of our students. Our strategic plan is to add three additional schools in different neighborhoods over the next six years.
Our mission is to dramatically transform the lives of K-8 students and prepare them for success in college and in life through: the delivery of a rigorous and personalized academic program, a focus on holistic education and the development of strong character.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for all day-to-day operations of the school.
• Serve as the academic leader of the school. Implements (in collaboration with administrative team) the curriculum, instruction, and assessments in a manner consistent with the mission and vision of Moving Everest.
• Represent Moving Everest and communicate its mission and programs to the school community and to the community at large. Effectively build and maintain relationships with parents and community stakeholders that establish mutual trust and respect.
• Lead and develop other members of the administrative team, faculty and staff and maintain a school wide culture that fosters positive relationships across all levels.
• Lead (in collaboration with administrative team) the design of master schedule
• Foster a positive and cooperative team atmosphere and set clear, high expectations for all staff while leading and supervising in a collegial and collaborative manner.
• Lead (in collaboration with administrative team and executive director) the hiring process for all faculty and staff.
• Lead (in collaboration with administrative team) formal and informal teacher observations and complete formal evaluations for administrative team.
• Mentor teachers directly or provide for mentoring in instructional approaches, classroom management and character growth/role modeling.
• Maintain school-wide focus on high standards of scholar achievement and behavior.
• Approach and address matters in a principle-centered, creative, thoughtful and constructive manner while utilizing appropriate supports and constituents, as needed.
• Lead projects as discussed with executive director including; long-term strategic planning, process and operational improvement, instructional improvements, or any other projects that contribute to the growth and development of Moving Everest.
The administrative team – which currently consists of:
• Assistant Principal
• Director of Instruction (2)
• Director of Operations and Compliance
• Director of Diverse Learners
• Social Worker
All faculty and staff
• Demonstrated initiative and skills in the following areas: relationship and community building, educational leadership, communication, conflict resolution, creativity, problem solving, decision-making and time management
• Master’s degree required
• Principal/administrator license preferred
• Minimum of three years teaching experience required
• Administrative experience in a school setting required
• Demonstrated flexibility and experience in effectively solving challenging problems through a positive, collaborative approach
• Expert-level interpersonal, team building, written and oral communication skills
• Excellent organization skills and consistency in meeting deadlines
• Commitment to the development of the whole child and the partnership model of meeting the needs of students and families
• Entrepreneurial outlook
Full-time, twelve-month work year
Very competitive salary and benefit package based on qualifications and experience
Start date is to be determined, but no later than July 1, 2018
Send an email with your cover letter and resume to: