The operations manager is responsible for supporting school-based staff with operational information systems, maintaining and analyzing operational data, managing student recruitment and enrollment, supporting and managing special projects, and coordinating any academic or operational purchasing.
To create this kind of vibrant learning community, we invest heavily in our faculty by providing ongoing professional training and support, and encourage our educators to collaborate closely and push each other to achieve great outcomes.
Visit our website(http://www.ascendlearning.org/careers) to learn more about the Ascend approach.
The operations manager must be present and engaged Monday through Friday, except holidays, and work occasional evenings on weeknights and occasional weekends, including parent events. This position has a year-round schedule, with time-off for school holidays and vacation. Additionally, the operations manager will:
• ensure fidelity of the Infinite Campus student information system by training staff and instituting protocols to ensure system-wide consistency in use
• support in ensuring that ATS and state-level data systems are up-to-date and accurate
• conduct data entry, analyze and report on operations data, including data required for school, board and regulatory reporting
• support academic operations staff in ensuring that academic materials at the schools are inventoried on a regular basis
• assist the director of operations with special/time-sensitive projects throughout the year, including but not limited to: summer inventory, school year startup, scholar enrollment, assemblies, end of year closeout, and parent events
• potentially manage one associate-level operations team member
Staff and reporting relationships
The operations manager reports to the assistant principal of operations.
• Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred
• Experience with data management systems, similar to Infinite Campus, Illuminate DNA, Automate The Schools (ATS), required
• Two or more years of experience in an office environment, preferably an education-related organization
• Outstanding computer skills, including fluency with Microsoft Excel, and preferably experience with Microsoft Access
• Experience managing others preferred
Diversity at Ascend
Ascend is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community, both through our hiring practices and our focus on creating a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and educating students. Ascend staff represent a wide diversity of racial, socio-economic, gender, religious, and national identities—opening a window to the entire Ascend community on the richness of humanity. We welcome all applicants who share our mission and vision to join us in our deeply consequential work.
Ascend offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit www.ascendschools.org/careers to learn more about the benefits of working at Ascend.