Our mission is to prepare Los Angeles students for success in college, career, and life. Working through a network of high-performing, community-based schools and a portfolio of programs that reach students throughout LA County, the LA Promise Fund creates vibrant community hubs and partnerships that foster motivated, engaged, and directed students poised for academic, professional, and personal success.
The LA Promise Fund is a unique hybrid, operating programs in partnership with Los Angeles Unified School District at two traditional, comprehensive high schools and a middle school, as well as operating two charter schools in South LA. Further amplifying its impact, the LA Promise Fund runs high profile, far-reaching programs and engagement opportunities available to students and teachers across Los Angeles County. This structure allows for both high touch, intensive supports on school sites, inside and outside of the traditional district system, while also serving students through high profile, innovative programs that are available to students countywide.
Integrated Science teacher will engage scholars through an interdisciplinary Project-Based Learning framework integrated with common core concepts to explore research in the areas of Cell Biology, Genetics, Ecology, Evolution, and Physiology.
Responsibilities and Duties
Under the supervision of the Principal, the ideal candidate will drive student outcomes by:
• Encouraging a culture of mutual respect and tolerance
• Using data-driven techniques to set high academic goals for scholars
• Demonstrating content knowledge, including California Common Core Standards
• Differentiating learning and provide necessary accommodations and modifications
for growth and success of all scholars
• Facilitating effective group work
• Providing timely feedback and collaborating with faculty to offer specialized support
• Directing scholars to think independently and to express original ideas
• Holding weekly office hours after school
• Maintaining consistent communications with families regarding student progress
• Supporting parent engagement by building a positive and trusting relationship with students, families, and community members.
Maintain strong classroom and school culture by:
• Clearly and consistently communicating and upholding school rules, values, and expectations in and out of the classroom
• Setting an urgent, respectful, and positive tone in the classroom
• Using restorative pedagogy to resolve conflict
• Displaying extraordinary time management to maximize learning for scholars
• Building a collaborative, respectful advisory classroom community
• Taking on responsibilities outside of their content area instruction such as advisory, lunch duty, enrichment classes, and after-school activities
• Working with other teachers and administrators to address and resolve conflict
• Attending professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve professional competence. Attend staff meetings, and serve on committees as required
Plan a rigorous curriculum and deliver strong instruction by:
• Demonstrating solid knowledge and understanding of the content matter
• Using a multitude of instructional strategies that are academically rigorous and highly engaging
• Taking responsibility for the progress of each scholar
• Special projects and duties outside of primary teaching responsibility as assigned
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in subject area preferred
• Basic Skills (CBEST)
• Possession of a valid internship, preliminary, or clear California Single Subject teaching credential
• DOJ Fingerprint Clearance
• TB Clearance
Salary commensurate with qualifications, experience, and education. Excellent, full benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
E-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.