Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the Principal, the ideal candidate is a reliable team player with a commitment to youth development. They will play a key role in implementing DREAM's Grow the Whole Child model by driving excellence in Afterschool, Summer, and Athletics Programming.
* Lead execution of after-school, summer and athletic programs to ensure high-quality programing and strong program outcomes at school site;
* Lead the professional development of part-time program staff in afterschool, summer and athletics programming, including real-time coaching and feedback;
* Design and lead execution of recess structure, procedures, and protocols;
* Collaborate with the Principal and School leadership to ensure alignment between school-day, afterschool and summer to maximize the impact of extended-day, extended-year programming;
* Collaborate with network OST leaders to design and implement programming that drives student social-emotional learning outcomes, academic outcomes, and physical activity outcomes;
* Manage data collection and record-keeping to ensure accurate reporting and compliance with specific grant requirements;
* Manage incident protocols, communication and school-leader collaboration for incidents in programming;
* Lead outreach and process for enrollment and participation in after-school and summer program with participants, families, and staff;
* Hire and manage after school, summer, and athletics program part-time staff;
* Collaborate with the Student Life team and Principal to strengthen school culture through attendance accountability, infusing joy into programming, and supporting implementation of positive youth development practices;
* Create coverage plan as needed for both recess and after-school programming;
* Manage execution of competitive athletics programming.
* Bachelor's degree, preferred;
* At least 3 years of youth development and management experience required;
* Experience coaching and developing others, including leading group professional development, coaching and feedback
* Experience collecting data and implementing data-driven practices;
* Exhibit a strong belief that explicit and embedded SEL competency-building positively impacts academic achievement;
* Strong group facilitation skills and ability to manage behaviors using positive youth development principles (experience with restorative justice practices strongly preferred);
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Excellent organizational and problem solving skills;
* A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
* School Year: M-F, 10am - 6pm, with additional hours as needed
* Summer: 7:30- 5:30 pm
* DREAM offers a competitive salary commensurate with relevant experience with the potential for an annual performance-based increase. The incoming salary range for this position is $80,000 to $90,000. New hires are typically brought into the organization at a salary closer to the start of the range depending on qualifications and internal equity. All staff are eligible for annual performance-based increases. Because we value staff tenure in each role, we do not currently cap salary ranges.
* We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for medical plans and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time and paid holidays, referral bonuses, professional development, an employee assistance program (EAP) and a 403(b) plan with employer matching up to 4%.
DREAM's VACCINATION POLICY
DREAM requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees. Reasonable Accommodations based on a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief are being considered in accordance with applicable law.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/GKPjd1f4N7NNRslWECwxdD