Pathways In Education (PIE) is an Alternative Learning Opportunities Program (ALOP) serving grades 9-12 in the Chicago community. Pathways considers the unique needs of every student, allowing access to small group classes, guided independent study, online courses, and experiential learning, to address each student's individual strengths and needs.
Are you an educator that wants to make an impact in students’ lives? Do you believe that every student should have the opportunity for success? If so, Pathways is the place for you! PIE is looking for educators that are warm, outgoing, authentic, passionate and inspiring. PIE places great emphasis on the student-teacher relationship, a critical component to the development of students’ personal, emotional, and academic well-being.
Pathways In Education is looking for a Teacher with a credential in a core subject to work at our Avondale location. The Teacher will have the following responsibilities:
This position is primarily responsible for delivering our educational program to ensure data-driven, results-based instruction for students in the implementation of the Common Core Standards. Teachers will be available to provide direct instruction to students 6 hours a day.
● Lesson plans a differentiated curriculum to ensure student success.
● Teaches for mastery of the Common Core Standards and is knowledgeable in Single-Subject content area.
● Uses assessments and data to influence instruction for student success.
● Keeps grade, attendance and retention records.
● Provides targeted interventions for special education students and English Language Learners.
● Participates in various community groups or functions, faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
● Meets with students and parents to discuss student progress and problems.
● Participates in related activities, such as student organizations or committees.
● Assists with State mandated student testing.
Education and Experience:
● BA/BS Degree
● Teaching credential
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to full-time staff that includes paid time off, holiday and sick time, medical, vision and dental coverage, incentives and an employer-matched 403(b) plan. PIE provides our staff opportunities to chaperone students on experiential learning trips to amazing places like Italy, Cuba and China as well as U.S. based trips to DC, a ranch in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado and a farm in Northern California. We regularly hold social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At our company-wide award functions, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make PIE and our students successful. To learn more about our schools, visit us at www.il.pathways in education.org.
Pathways In Education embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please use the link provided to complete our online application.