Opportunities for Learning (OFL) is a network of free public charter schools offering students a flexible, personalized approach to learning. OFL was established in 1999 by a family genuinely and profoundly interested in the well-being of California’s youth. They saw potential that struggling students couldn’t see in themselves. For over 16 years, OFL and its founders have helped more than 140,000 California students find their passion and equip themselves with the knowledge to pursue their dreams. OFL believes in fostering student dreams.
Are you an educator that wants to make an impact in students’ lives? Do you believe that every student should have the opportunity for success? If so, OFL is the place for you! OFL is looking for educators that are warm, outgoing, authentic, passionate and inspiring. OFL places great emphasis on the student-teacher relationship, a critical component to the development of students’ personal, emotional, and academic well-being.
OFL is looking for a Teacher with a Single Subject credential in any core subject to work at their Watts location. The Teacher will have the following responsibilities:
This position is primarily responsible for delivering our educational program to ensure data-driven, results-based instruction for students in the implementation of the Common Core Standards. The teacher will be available to provide direct instruction to students 6 hours a day.
● Lesson plans a differentiated curriculum to ensure student success.
● Teaches for mastery of the Common Core Standards and is knowledgeable in Single-Subject content area.
● Uses assessments and data to influence instruction for student success.
● Keeps grade, attendance and retention records.
● Provides targeted interventions for special education students and English Language Learners.
● Participates in various community groups or functions, faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
● Meets with students and parents to discuss student progress and problems.
● Participates in related activities, such as student organizations or committees.
● Assists with State mandated student testing.
Education and Experience:
● BA/BS Degree
● NCLB compliant single subject teaching credential
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to full-time staff that includes paid time off, holiday and sick time, medical, vision and dental coverage, incentives and an employer-matched 401K plan. OFL provides our staff opportunities to chaperone students on experiential learning trips to amazing places like Italy, Cuba, and China, as well as in-country trips to DC, a ranch in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado and a farm in Northern California. We regularly hold social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At our company-wide award functions, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make OFL and our students successful. To learn more about our schools, visit us at www.oflschools.org.
Opportunities for Learning embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please use the following link to complete our online application.