High School US History Teachers at Capital City:
Capital City is looking for a dedicated & talented High School History Teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. Capital City serves a diverse population and seeks a teaching staff reflective of our student body.
The many and varied responsibilities of High School teachers at Capital City include:
· Planning/teaching daily classes for students within a modified-block schedule (Class sizes-18-20 students)
· Content knowledge base to teach U.S. History
· Utilizing a workshop model to differentiate instruction and promote student engagement
· Developing learning expeditions, curriculum, and projects
· Regularly assessing student progress and using data to plan for instruction
· Meeting and planning at least weekly with a grade-level team and co-teacher (if applicable)
· Serving as an advisor to 12-13 students that involves leading a daily advisory, helping to develop the social curriculum, and supporting advisees through regular parent communication
· Collaborating with staff and students to implement consistent discipline structures and develop traditions at our school
· Involving students in fieldwork and service that deepens understanding and interest
· Supporting students with completing portfolios and meeting passage requirements
· Attending a summer institute and weekly professional development sessions
· Completing narrative progress reports and report cards
· Certification to teach AP courses is highly desired
Please apply here: https://app.hirenimble.com/jobview/8324
Capital City seeks to employ experienced, credentialed teachers. Ideal candidates have a Master’s degree and 2+ years of full-time teaching experience.
This position is subject to the DC Mayor's Order 2021-109, requiring all adults regularly in schools to be vaccinated for Covid-19.
Minimum required qualifications: At least two of the following:
• Masters degree in education or field of instruction
• 2+ years of full-time teaching experience
• Standard teaching certification
• Secondary teachers must also have an undergraduate or graduate major in their field of instruction OR have passed the required Praxis II exam for their discipline.
Additionally strong candidates have:
• A commitment to meeting the needs of a diverse population
• Experience working in urban environments
• Strong knowledge of pedagogy and experience teaching in a constructivist way
• Proven ability to work as a member of a team
• Strong leadership capabilities
• A commitment to their own learning.
In addition to the above requirements, teachers must meet the requirements of all hires at Capital City including a criminal background check and a negative TB test.