Gateway High School is committed to helping each student—regardless of learning style or previous
academic achievement—gain the skills, habits and knowledge necessary for success in college and
Key Characteristics of Gateway High School:
• A small school where all students are known well and supported to achieve at high levels
• A diverse student body that is taught and encouraged to be active partners in their education
• A strong commitment to and respect for diversity and difference
• An innovative and challenging curriculum that engages students and excites them about learning
• A supportive adult community characterized by continuous learning, reflection and collaboration
• A faculty who believe that all students learn differently and who vary their approaches to meet individuals’ needs
Dance Teacher Responsibilities Include:
• Teach 1-2 sections of dance/movement, including hip-hop dance.
• Collaborate with the Art Department to cultivate community excitement about performing arts.
• Commitment to Gateway's mission, including a desire to work with a diverse student body
• Desire to be part of building the larger school culture and community
• Current California teaching credential preferred but not required
• Bilingual candidates and candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply: Please e-mail, send or fax the following information:
1) Your resume and a cover letter commenting on your understanding of and commitment to Gateway's mission
2) Samples of student work, via images, video or web links
3) Three references
Gateway High School
Attn: Hiring Manager
1430 Scott St.
San Francisco, CA 94115
Gateway’s Mission: Gateway High School is a model, college preparatory charter school committed to
academic excellence through personalized, student-centered learning. Gateway combines a rigorous
academic program with an approach where the individual talents and strengths of its students are identified
and supported. Working with teachers committed to our mission, Gateway students will acquire the skills,
habits, and knowledge necessary for academic and personal success in college and in adult life.
For more information about Gateway High School, please visit our website at www.gatewayhigh.org