Wonderful College Prep Academy is committed to providing a world-class education for all students at its two locations: Delano and Lost Hills. The Academy's mission is to graduate students who are prepared to earn a college degree and to put them on a promising career path for life. We believe this begins with a nurturing, engaging, community-centered school environment where students develop a strong academic foundation in literacy and math. Ultimately, this will prepare generations of leaders in the Central Valley who are critical thinkers and life-long learners.
The Academy operates a world-class $7 million "Harvest Hall" which includes modern supplies, kitchen design, and a teaching kitchen. The Food Services Manager plays a key role in the efficient daily operations in this facility where the Academy's food service staff prepares nearly 6,000 meals per day from scratch focused on healthy menu options.
Here's what you'll do:
• Responsible for all food service staff (employees & contractors)
• Coordinate the administration of free-reduced meals applications with the Senior Director of Business Affairs
• Prompt submission of monthly reimbursement forms to the Senior Director of Business Affairs for review, approval, and transmission through CNIPS following the month of service
• Execute at an exceptional level all grants and be a champion of Health and Wellness policies
• Providing ongoing support to all kitchen staff to ensure all certifications are obtained
• Lead weekly professional development and team meetings with all kitchen staff
• Continuously evaluate all practices (e.g. production, delivery, inventory, recordkeeping, etc.) to ensure efficiency and compliance with all company, local, state, and federal regulations
• Responsible for a $2M food service budget and build inventory, cost tracking, and yield loss to minimize waste
• Identify opportunities to increase meal participation through menu items or delivery system
• Manage food distribution with a focus on scheduling and reduced waiting time for students
• Responsible for ensuring both student and staff safety in Harvest Hall
• Attend any relevant trainings offered, as directed
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
• Minimum of five (5) years managing food service or manufacturing related field, preferably school based.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with students, families, and staff of diverse ethnic, racial, cultural, educational, and economic backgrounds
• Bachelor's degree in business, food service or nutrition related field
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Reliable transportation and a valid California driver’s license
• Ability to fluently speak Spanish, preferred
• Ability to successfully pass a background check (including fingerprints) upon official offer and acceptance of a position with WCP
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
• Free access to the Wonderful Wellness Clinic
• Free access to the Wonderful Fitness Center
• Company paid health/vision/dental for individual coverage ($140 per month for a family plan)
• Voluntary 403b with company match
• Sick & vacation paid time off
• Free lunch and breakfast provided daily
• Potential for a performance bonus
Applications and questions should be directed to Eric Buchanan at email@example.com Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
1. Resume stating position, dates of employment, employer and key responsibilities
2. Cover letter explaining your qualifications for and interest in this position
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the institution and its employees.