Ceiba Public Schools in Watsonville, California, was founded to prepare low-income students in non-urban communities to graduate from four-year colleges. Ceiba College Preparatory Academy is an autonomous charter school with over 500 students in grades 6-12. It began operations in 2008 and graduated its first class of college-ready scholars in 2015.
Ceiba Public Schools is recruiting an Executive Director to lead the operation of Ceiba College Preparatory Academy, a high-performing autonomous charter school in Watsonville, California, serving 525 students in Grades 6-12. In its 12th year of operation, Ceiba has demonstrated success in achieving its mission: to prepare low-income students in non-urban communities to graduate from four-year colleges. In short, Ceiba supports our students and their families in getting “to and through” college.
To date, all Ceiba graduates have been accepted to college. This year, students from the first graduating class in 2015 are beginning to graduate from college. Ceiba scholars’ scores on the California state tests are exceeding the state average in several grade levels and subject areas.
This is an opportunity for a visionary leader to lead a passionate, mission-driven community working together for an extraordinary purpose...to support the attainment of college degrees for a historically under-represented community.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director has overall responsibility for the organization's consistent achievement of its mission and charter promises. The Executive Director (ED) has overall strategic and operational responsibility for Ceiba's programs, ensuring that Ceiba's fiscal, operations, fundraising, public relations/communications, human resource, technology, and programmatic strategies are effectively implemented across the organization. The ED is responsible to ensure that Ceiba is positioned effectively and efficiently for sustainability, with ongoing and regular input from all stakeholders.
The Board of Directors delegates responsibility for management and day-to-day operations to the Executive Director. The ED has the authority to carry out these responsibilities in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Board. The ED serves as a resource, makes recommendations, and provides support to the Board as it carries out its governance functions.
Employment Status: This is a full-time, exempt, at-will position. The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Supervises: The principal and all administrators and managers of Ceiba College Preparatory Academy
OVERALL LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enacting Mission and Charter Promises: Aligns programs with the overall mission and charter promises of Ceiba College Preparatory Academy.
- Strategic Leadership: Partners with the Board on strategic planning and serves as a liaison between the staff and Board and works with Board committees.
- Oversight of Organizational Operations: Keeps the Board informed on key school issues including mission achievement, facilities, financial and legal matters. Develops and implements policies and procedures to support a high-functioning operation.
- School Culture: Develops and maintains a school culture which brings the school’s core values and mission and vision to life.
- Financial Management: Ensures accurate financial management and oversight to guarantee that Ceiba secures all revenues, maintains the organization within the budget, and effectively protects assets. Ensures effectiveness of accounting and auditing consultants.
- Human Resources: Establishes systems that ensure that recruiting / selection processes benefit Ceiba; ensures that employment legal requirements are met; and ensures overall HR administration meets the needs of employees at Ceiba
- Information Technology: Ensures the ongoing operation, ongoing upgrades and maintenance of the information technology system are in place.
- Community Relations: Builds and maintains positive relationships with the community at large including the authorizer and community organizations. Consistently communicates a positive image of Ceiba in all interactions.
- Facilities: Ensures safe, well-maintained building and grounds and that proper emergency response procedures are in place.
- Compliance: Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations. Responsible for ensuring that all compliance reporting is completed according to timelines.
1. Minimum three years of executive level leadership experience in secondary education administration
2. Masters Degree in school administration or relevant field
3. Valid California driver’s license
1. Minimum of three years of charter school experience
2. Valid California Administrative Services credential
3. Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Applications are being accepted via EdJoin with a priority screening date of Friday, February 7, 2020 and will remain open until filled. Desired start date is July 1, 2020. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
Apply online at https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1265020