The Executive Director leads and inspires the entire school community to engage students in achieving their fullest potential. This is accomplished through implementing the school charter; developing school improvement plans; building coordination; and supervision of instruction, student services, personnel management, community collaboration, and business/financial management. The Executive Director supports the teachers in developing students into responsible, bilingual, bi-literate and multi-culturally competent members of the community.
The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon administrator's license and provide proof of compliance with OAR 333-019-1030 (COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements for Teachers and School Staff).
The successful candidate will also have the following personal and professional qualities:
• Effective communication and listening skills.
• Background in teaching and building administration; supportive of teacher training/professional development; experience leading professional development for staff; preferably fluent in Spanish.
• Works well with others; strong collaborator that empowers students, staff, parents and community members; builds strong relationships with staff.
• High degree of integrity/honesty with strong core values; culturally competent; respectful of all groups.
• Is personable/approachable while keeping an open mind; conveys a growth mindset; committed to social emotional learning; visionary thinker.
• Puts KIDS first; is committed to serving ALL kids; values diversity and equity for ALL; believes ALL students can learn.
• Understands Oregon school finance, and demonstrates sound fiscal management and strong budgeting skills.
• Proven ability to make tough decisions when necessary and effectively communicate the reasons (transparency)
• Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and strong budgeting skills; well organized.
• Highly visible in our community and school; proven ability to build strong community partnerships; committed to a long-term relationship as an integral leader in the community and school
Arco Iris Spanish Immersion School is a kindergarten through 8th-grade public charter school in Beaverton, Oregon, serving approximately 400 students and featuring Spanish immersion and Singapore Math, a highly acclaimed mathematics program. The school employs a staff of eight classified staff, 27 licensed staff, two confidential employees and 2.5 administrators. Our mission is to foster an increased academic ability that includes students becoming bilingual, bi-literate and multicultural so that they are fully prepared for college, career, and citizenship. The school was founded by several parents and educators in 2010 who were passionate about their children receiving a rigorous academic education that included a second language.
We also believe a quality program needs to include learning a second language as well. Studying a second language increases the student’s cognitive flexibility and the ability to mentally shuffle material, significantly improving problem-solving abilities, and also leading to a greater understanding of our world. Students also have daily English classes and with the double emphasis on language arts, our students score in the top 10% in the state every year. We want our students to develop an awareness and respect for different cultures, and ethnic and racial backgrounds. Teaching young learners about different cultures fosters tolerance and diversity, giving them a wider perspective on the world, appreciation, and respect for the differences in everyone. We have a community that models and encourages character development, respect for diversity, and a sense of responsibility toward the community.
The School has a general operating budget of about $4.9 million. For 2022, the School was ranked Best Charter Elementary School in Oregon by Niche.com.
To learn more about the School, visit Arco Iris School website | "We are Arco Iris School" video https://d3id26kdqbehod.cloudfront.net/ARCOISI/2019/04/17/MF3i7QxN6UFhjW…
The Arco Iris Spanish Immersion School is located in Beaverton, Oregon, and the heart of the Tualatin Valley, midway between Mount Hood and the Oregon coast. Only seven miles west of downtown Portland, Beaverton is Oregon's sixth-largest city and the second-largest incorporated city in Washington County.
Beaverton is home to nearly 100,000 people of all ages and backgrounds and is a perfect combination of "big-city" and peaceful small-town surroundings. Beaverton is also an economic center for Washington County and home to the world headquarters of Nike, Inc. With over 1,000 acres of parks, 30 miles of hiking trails, and a 25-mile network of bike paths, ski slopes, and ocean beaches close by, the area provides many opportunities for recreation.
For more information about the area visit:
City of Beaverton website
Beaverton Chamber of Commerce
January 12, 2023 Close Applications
• Jan 12-24 Review Applications
• Jan 27- Feb 1 Begin background checks
• Feb 2-4 (Virtual) Conduct initial interviews
• Feb 24 (TBD) Finalist Forum in District
• Mar 2 Announce selection
July 1, 2023 Begin employment
• Completed Application form
• Current resume
• Cover letter of interest
• 3-5 current letters of reference
• Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility to obtain one
• A statement about how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the Board (in narrative form, no longer than 500 words)
How to submit an application:
Application packets are submitted at the link below.
All applicants will submit a candidate profile (completed when you create your Revelus account) and a completed application, as well as upload the other application material documents to the application portal.