ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNING COORDINATOR
School Year: 2020-2021
Job Opportunity: English Language Learner Teacher Coordinator
Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: Principal
Start Date: August 2020
Education Talent Recruiters is seeking an experienced English Language Learner Coordinator to support students and classrooms requiring English language acquisition supports for the SY 2020-2021.
Under the general supervision of the Principal, the English Language Learner (ELL) Coordinator will work with both the Primary and Elementary Guides/Teachers to support student learning and achievement. The ELL Coordinator creates and implements strategies to support students’ progress with appropriate learning methods, lesson plans and instructional techniques to evaluate and improve each student’s level of English fluency.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities:
• Coordinate and direct ELL teachers in the performance of their duties
● Develop individualized academic programs designed to meet the specific needs of ELL students (to include LEP/NEP)
● Implement the individualized programs by working with small groups of students to improve their language skills and academic performance
● Administer assessments and analyze formal or informal test outcomes to further determine needs of students
● Confer and co-plan with teachers, and other specialists, as appropriate, to determine and support the English language learning and other academic needs of ELL students.
● Provide language instruction to help students develop in all the English language domains
● Participate in meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information as required with external agencies and or parents
● Continually communicate with children on instructional and behavioral expectations to keep them informed of their progress
● Manage and prepare records of each student's progress and meet mandated requirements
● Stay aware of and responsive to state and federal ELL testing and reporting guidelines
● Other duties as assigned by the Principal and/or ELL Coordinator.
Required Competencies & Qualifications:
● Expertise and experience with instructional best practices for ELLs
● A passion for growing independent, confident and intellectually curious children
● Ability to provide services to all children and families with respect and dignity
● Demonstrated ability to work successfully with multi-aged students, staff and a multicultural community
● Ability to develop and implement appropriate positive behavior interventions for students
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Excellent written and oral skills
● Ability to maintain confidentiality
● Knowledge of MS Office Suite and Google Docs
● A sense of humor and a love of children
Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s Degree in Education and/or a related discipline acquired from an accredited college or university required; Master's Degree preferred
● Teaching license from an accredited college, university or approved program preferred
● Passing score on the relevant Praxis Series preferred
● ELL and/or TESOL certificate or state endorsement preferred
● Prior classroom experience in a traditional public or public charter school
● Prior experience in a Montessori and/or K- 6 classroom environment preferred
● Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally underserved and/or English Language Learner students
● Bilinguality a plus
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume to Education Talent Recruiters, www.EducationTalentRecruiters@gmail.com and include the “Position Title” in the subject line ( e.g., ELL Coordinator).
Education Talent Recruiters does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.