Elementary School Lead Teacher
Two Rivers Public Charter School is seeking a dynamic, dedicated lead teacher to become part of a vibrant educational community. This position is an immediate opening to fill a current vacancy.
Two Rivers Public Charter School serves a diverse group of 900 students in preschool through eighth grade. Staff at Two Rivers create an exciting educational environment in which students and staff become a community of learners on a journey of discovery. Two Rivers uses Expeditionary Learning, an educational model that emphasizes interactive, hands-on, project-based learning. The school focuses on the whole child, recognizing the importance of character education and the social-emotional needs of children while helping them achieve academic excellence.
The Two Rivers staff share a strong belief that all children can learn and be high achievers. The curriculum at Two Rivers is rigorous, standards-based, and provides opportunities for students to excel in all areas. An integrated arts program and a content-based Spanish program augment the school’s demanding academic program. These elements come together through learning expeditions that allow students to incorporate and apply their classroom learning through real-world experiences.
For more information about Two Rivers, please visit tworiverspcs.org and learnwithtworivers.org.
Teachers at Two Rivers are part of an energetic and caring team devoted to creating an incredible school. Ideal candidates will possess the following qualities/skills:
• Demonstrated ability to integrate curriculum across academic disciplines
• Demonstrated ability to teach in ways that are interactive, hands-on, project-based, and promote self-discovery and critical thinking
• Demonstrated ability to guide students to achieve high academic expectations
• Demonstrated ability to use data to inform instruction on an on-going basis
• A clear understanding of curriculum, instruction, and child development
• Commitment to meet the needs of every child in a diverse population
• Demonstrated ability to establish an effective and efficient classroom culture
• Capacity to create a classroom environment that emphasizes and supports literacy and math across all content areas
• Capability to nurture students and work collaboratively with families
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work as a member of a team
• Commitment to develop and contribute to a community of educators
• Flexibility, dedication, and enthusiasm
Candidates should have a degree in Elementary Education or an equivalent degree. Master’s degree in education and at least two years of classroom experience are highly preferred. Urban teaching experience preferred.
Two Rivers values its team of amazing educators. Teachers at Two Rivers receive:
• A competitive salary and benefits package
• The support of a welcoming and appreciative group of families
• A class of students who are eager to learn and grateful for their school
• A leadership team that values teachers and provides feedback, encouragement, and accountability
• An administrative team that provides support for children with challenges
• Professional growth opportunities on-site and off-site
• Membership in a professional learning community that will challenge and excite eager educators—the staff’s work was featured in the book Data Wise in Action from Harvard University
• A strong, established school culture that supports academic and social learning
• Fun colleagues—people who care about their work, work hard, and want to have a good time while they’re doing it.