The Mathematics/Science Teacher is entrusted with advancing the mission of Promesa Academy by creating rigorous, standards-aligned curriculum; building a joyful, loving, and nurturing environment in their classroom; spending time thoughtfully and intentionally creating authentic and engaging learning experiences for students; and collaborating with content-level and grade-level teams to continue to improve instruction. At Promesa, we believe that our teachers will define the success of our school and will be critical in ensuring that our students have access to a lifetime of opportunity.
Planning Year Stipends
Promesa Academy is in its planning year and this position presents the unique opportunity to be an active participant in helping to shape the vision of our school. We want our founding teachers to be involved in the creation of our vision as early as possible. To allow for this, we've allocated stipends of up to $5,000 for the 2019-2020 school year for founding teachers who are able to commit time in the evenings or weekends to the development of curriculum for Promesa.
- Spend time and energy on the subjects you are most knowledgeable and passionate about to prepare authentic, engaging, challenging, and thoughtful lessons on a daily basis
- Inspire a love of learning in every child
- Implement in-depth learning experiences that encourage curiosity and passion, incorporate experts in the community, and culminate in authentic opportunities to share final products with the community
- Use the school’s scope and sequence to develop unit plans and daily lesson plans
- Submit lesson plans to the Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- Work with the Director of Curriculum and Instruction to revise, edit, and improve daily lesson plans
- Develop curriculum that addresses the learning needs of diverse learners, including special education and English Language Learner students
- Execute assessments as necessary to inform instruction
- Ensure that the school’s academic standards are rigorous, clear, measurable, and aligned with the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills Standards
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions
- Communicate effectively and proactively with students and families
- Work to continuously improve effectiveness in all instructional practices
- Participate in annual two to three-week staff training
- Assume responsibility for the progress of all students
- Identify and support students’ social, emotional, and behavior learning needs
- Apply culturally competent practices
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Valid Teaching Certification in Texas is helpful, but not required
- Strong mastery of desired teaching subject
- Background check passed, required
- Experience teaching Kindergarten, 1st, or 2nd grade preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
Promesa Academy Charter School offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Promesa Academy Charter School is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity.
Disclaimer: This job description describes the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals hired into this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. Promesa Academy Charter School reserves the right to change any or all content of this job description based on business needs. The incumbent, if applicable, will be consulted and notified of any changes before they become effective.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $52,000.00 to $62,000.00 /year