Why teach at Capital City?
• Work hard and achieve results, together! At Capital City, teachers work on collaborative teams that grapple with challenges, celebrate successes, and support and learn from one another.
• Diversity, equity, and inclusion aren’t just buzzwords. We believe the diversity of our staff and the students we serve is our greatest asset. We take seriously the responsibility to achieve equity for our students and build a culture where staff engage in dialogue about race and work to build an inclusive culture.
• Invest in your own learning. Capital City prioritizes the professional growth and learning of our teachers through weekly internal professional development and opportunities to learn from experts around the country. Campus and school-wide leadership opportunities are available for teachers who want them.
• Make your classroom and curriculum your own. Our teachers value the autonomy they have at Capital City to design a curriculum that is dynamic, personal and exciting. There is a culture of innovation that is supported by Principals and Instructional Coaches.
Classroom Teachers at Capital City:
• Plan and teach all core subjects (reading, math, science, social studies)
• Utilize a workshop model to differentiate instruction and promote student engagement
• Design curriculum maps to sequence the teaching of content
• Develop daily lesson plans
• Regularly assess student progress and use data to plan for instruction
• Meet and plan collaboratively at least weekly with a grade-level team
• Work with an inclusion teacher to plan for and support students with special needs
• Mentor a Capital City Associate Teacher and assistant teacher
• Develop a strong classroom culture through the Responsive Classroom® model
• Communicate regularly with families
• Involve students in fieldwork and service that deepens understanding and interest
• Support students with completing portfolios and meeting passage requirements
• Attend a summer institute and weekly professional development sessions
• Complete progress reports
Capital City seeks to employ experienced, credentialed teachers. Ideal candidates have a Master’s degree and 3+ years of full-time teaching experience.
Minimum required qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and at least one of the following:
• A major in education or field of instruction or equivalent 30 semester hours of credit
• District of Columbia teaching license in field of instruction
• Two years of verifiable teaching experience as a teacher of record
• One year as a support teacher at Capital City and enrollment in a teacher education or certification program
Spanish speakers are desired.
In addition to the above requirements, teachers must meet the requirements of all hires at Capital City including a criminal background check and a negative TB test.
Please apply here: https://app.hirenimble.com/jobview/4055