Ascend seeks an experienced student recruitment manager who will oversee a dynamic team of outreach associates to execute our community outreach program in order to fulfill Ascend Public Charter School's student recruitment goals. Reporting to the director of student recruitment and enrollment, the student recruitment manager will embody Ascend's community-oriented culture, which includes being present and engaged Monday through Friday in order to support our parent-focused outreach team, and being available in evenings and on occasional weekends for recruitment events. This position is a year-round schedule.
Why extraordinary professionals choose Ascend
Ascend is a network of K-12 public charter schools serving 5,500 students across 15 schools in Central Brooklyn. Our mission is to lead our students on a great intellectual journey, providing them with an exceptional education and placing them firmly on the path to success in college and beyond.
We guide our students to think critically and independently and to enjoy education as an end in itself. We teach a rich and rigorous liberal arts curriculum that nurtures students' natural curiosity about the world. We foster a positive, non-punitive school culture where students feel connected, empowered, and safe to take academic risks. Even our school buildings are designed to reflect our high aspirations for teaching and learning and the notable accomplishments that occur within our walls.
To create this kind of vibrant learning community, we invest heavily in our team members by providing ongoing, best-of-class professional training and support. We encourage them to collaborate closely and push one another to achieve great outcomes.
You can learn more about the Ascend approach by visiting our website - http://www.ascendschools.org/careers.
The director of student recruitment and enrollment will:
* Design and implement a multi-channel student recruitment and enrollment strategy which leverages historical data and market analysis to drive results
* Ensure accurate data collection and maintenance of all recruitment and enrollment data including Ascend's student information system (Infinite Campus), application and registration system (SchoolMint), email and CRM systems (MailChimp and HubSpot) as well as NYCDOE's student information system (ATS)
* Build and maintain team dashboards to track KPIs and utilize data to inform data-driven decision making
* Create reports for network leaders and governing boards which identify current recruitment and enrollment trends and make suggestions to overcome related challenges
* Hire, onboard, train and support a team of community outreach associations toward implementing an effective community-based recruitment campaign with feeder programs, cultural organizations and other relevant local partners
* Cultivate strong relationships with community leaders and school leadership teams to coach, develop, inspire and continuously improve recruitment and enrollment initiatives
* Develop and facilitate an intentional strategy to engage school leaders in the marketing and enrollment of their schools to prospective families
* Work with the associate creative director to align the marketing and communications strategies throughout the enrollment life cycle
* Collaborate with external vendors and internal marketing and communications team to strategize and launch digital, traditional media and mailing campaigns throughout the enrollment life cycle
* Ensure compliance with admissions, enrollment and withdrawal policies through close partnership with the network operations teams and school-based operations teams
* Develop, maintain and codify admissions procedures and lead trainings for school-based staff
The director of student recruitment and enrollment supervises an operations assistant and community outreach associates. The director of student recruitment and enrollment reports to the chief operating officer.
* 5-7 years of experience with emphasis in student recruitment and enrollment, project management, relationship development, pipeline management and life cycle programs
* 2+ years leading large teams, managing at least three direct reports
* Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to create and maintain exceptional enrollment systems
* Highly developed relational leadership skills, including the ability to develop and manage teams and build relationships across school and network leadership
* Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to operate in ambiguity and a passion for building systems and structures from scratch
* Experience designing, implementing and leading large-scale and cross-functional projects from inception to completion
* Experience managing large and complex datasets and synthesizing information to drive strategic decisionmaking
* Passion and commitment to urban education and our ultimate goal of closing the achievement gap
* A “can do” attitude and the enthusiasm to be a hard-working, team player who is relentless in the pursuit of Ascend's mission
* An openness to accept and implement feedback and engage in a process of self-improvement
* Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
Diversity at Ascend
Ascend is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community, both through our hiring practices and our focus on creating a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and educating students. Ascend staff represent a wide diversity of racial, socio-economic, gender, religious, and national identities—opening a window to the entire Ascend community on the richness of humanity. We welcome all applicants who share our mission and vision to join us in our deeply consequential work.
Ascend offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit www.ascendschools.org/careers - http://www.ascendschools.org/careers to learn more about the benefits of working at Ascend.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/ht2ypqt48kh6fy4p