Network - Network Leadership
Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Operations, the Director of Student Recruitment is responsible for creating and leading the student recruitment, enrollment, and retention strategy for all DREAM schools, ensuring we achieve 100% enrollment across all grades and schools. This includes, but is not limited to collaborating with key network and schools leaders and staff, reporting, training, accountability management, data analysis, and developing and rolling out new practices and updates to existing practices. A new position at DREAM, this is an exciting opportunity to refine and scale our student recruitment and enrollment strategy from the ground up. The ideal candidate is comfortable with developing strategy and driving execution, and comfortable with the challenges and opportunities inherent in founding a new organizational function.
- Lead student recruitment and enrollment in partnership with network and school leaders to achieve 100% enrollment in all schools on the first day of classes
- Delineate and codify roles and responsibilities for student recruitment and enrollment at the network and schools level
- In collaboration with the communications team, design, develop, refine, and execute on a multi-channel recruitment and enrollment strategy, including awareness, outreach, application launch, lottery, orientation, and registration
- Develop and facilitate an intentional strategy to engage school leaders in the marketing and enrollment of their schools to prospective families
- Cultivate strong relationships with community leaders and school leadership teams to coach, develop, inspire, and continuously improve recruitment and enrollment initiatives.
- Analyze data to develop new strategies to overcome any enrollment challenges and drive new strategies
- Own central data analysis for enrollment across DREAM, including developing systems and producing projections and reports, and responding to ad-hoc requests
- Ensure compliance with admissions, enrollment, and withdrawal policies
- Develop, maintain, and codify enrollment procedures and lead trainings for school-based staff
- Bachelors degree required, MBA preferred
- Experience in student recruitment, project management, relationship development, and/or pipeline management
- Entrepreneurial and growth mentality, comfortable with gray areas and an interest in building systems and structures from scratch
- The ability to drive results vertically and horizontally
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally
- Experience designing, implementing, and leading large-scale projects
- Experience in data analysis and process management
- Understanding of K-12 landscape, ideally with charter schools
- Familiarity with recruitment marketing and associated metrics
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.