We seek directors of operations who are passionate about creating the conditions for student success in school. The dean of operations is responsible for all non-academic operations at the school and compliance with the school's charter and with all laws and regulations. The dean supervises all non-academic staff at the school, and is responsible for the school's budget, accounting, and financial reporting; enrollment and student records; human resources, payroll, and credential management; meals programs and receipts; the physical plant; nursing services; information technology; procurement; security and school safety programs; regulatory compliance; and relationships with the LEA, SEA, and charter authorizer. At Ascend, we value leaders with a hunger for feedback and professional growth, and a dedication to excellence.
At Ascend, we're excited about educators who are committed to educational excellence and are fired up about our liberal arts program, positive approach to discipline, and commitment to serve all students. At Ascend we invest in your professional growth--training, supporting, and collaborating with you every step of the way.
Join us as we foster our students' innate curiosities, encourage discussion and debate, and guide students to think, imagine, debate, and create.
Why extraordinary leaders lead at Ascend
Ascend is a growing network of K-12 public charter schools serving 5,500 students across 15 schools in Central Brooklyn and offering a new model for public education. Our mission is to lead our students on a great intellectual journey, providing them with an exceptional education and placing them firmly on the path to success in college and beyond.
We guide our students to think critically and independently and to enjoy education as an end in itself. We teach a rich and rigorous liberal arts curriculum that nurtures students' natural curiosity about the world. We foster a positive, non-punitive school culture where students feel connected, empowered, and safe to take academic risks. Even our school buildings are designed to reflect our high aspirations for teaching and learning and the notable accomplishments that occur within our walls.
To create this kind of vibrant learning community, we invest heavily in our faculty by providing ongoing professional training and support, and encourage our educators to collaborate closely and push each other to achieve great outcomes.
Leading at Ascend means growing deeply in your career, expressing your voice, and playing a defining role in the future of your students, your school, and the Ascend network.
Visit our website - http://www.ascendlearning.org/careers/leadership-positions-at-ascend/ to learn more about the Ascend approach.
The director of operations is responsible for the daily financial and business activities of the school. Specifically, the director of operations is responsible for:
* Financial transactions and operations: Manage the daily financial and business activities of the school; ensure proper cash management, including timely and accurate deposits, record-keeping, and receipts; ensure proper asset management and adherence to the school's budget; manage and ensure compliance with grants; prepare the proposed school budget in close coordination with the school director and Ascend network; coordinate with the school director to ensure that staff members adhere to the budget; and ensure that all reports are submitted accurately and on time.
* Enrollment and funding: Ensure timely and proper enrollment and attendance reporting, and the timely and accurate collection of public funds; maintain the school's waiting list for admission and enroll new students in compliance with the charter law and other regulations; and maintain all student records using the school management software, ensuring compliance with student confidentiality laws.
* Human resources: Oversee and administer personnel matters, including (through vendors) payroll, benefits, and COBRA; properly implement all school and Ascend network policies and procedures relating to human resources (HR); provide appropriate information and assistance to school staff regarding personnel matters and benefits; provide effective support and advice to the school administrative team on personnel and HR issues; ensure that all staff hold credentials required by law (including ESSA) and pass background checks; prepare and maintain legal personnel-related documentation (including employment statements of hire, disciplinary procedures, and terminations of employment); maintain up-to-date personnel files; assist the school director with salary budget planning and staffing requirements; and effectively coordinate with the school director and the Ascend network as needed.
* External reporting and compliance: Ensure strict compliance with state and federal regulations; and maintain effective working relationship with the authorizer, the state, and other regulatory and oversight agencies.
Staff and reporting relationships
The director of operations reports to the founding school director and participates as a member of the school leadership team. He or she also has a dotted line to the network director of operations. The director of operations manages operations team members.
* A bachelor's degree; master's degree preferred
* 3-5 years professional experience, preferably in an educational organization or a school
* An MPA or MBA, or equivalent experience, is preferred
* Strong project management skills
* Ability to lead a team
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Strong organizational skills and self-management with the ability to handle many responsibilities simultaneously
* Highly developed problem-solving skills
* Dependable with excellent follow-through
* Alignment with the education philosophy and core beliefs of Ascend and the school
Diversity at Ascend
Ascend is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community, both through our hiring practices and our focus on creating a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and educating students. Ascend staff represent a wide diversity of racial, socio-economic, gender, religious, and national identities—opening a window to the entire Ascend community on the richness of humanity. We welcome all applicants who share our mission and vision to join us in our deeply consequential work.
Ascend offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit www.ascendschools.org/careers - http://www.ascendschools.org/careers to learn more about the benefits of working at Ascend.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/x8qppxj4s4jjtzb5