Position: Development Coordinator
Reports to: Development Director
The United Schools Network (USN) is a nonprofit organization in Columbus, Ohio, that starts and manages urban public charter schools that close the opportunity gap. The network includes two high-performing middle schools, a high-performing elementary school, and launched a second elementary school in the fall of 2017. We are seeking a Development Coordinator to join our network.
The Development Coordinator position is a full-time position designed to facilitate the coordination of program needs through annual fundraising and grant-writing activities. The Development Coordinator strategically aligns campaigns and communication with organizational priorities to ensure that schools’ needs are met each year. The Development Coordinator utilizes excellent communication skills and knowledge of moves management strategy to grow a significant portfolio of donors. The Development Coordinator reports to the Development Director.
Vision & Mission
Vision: For every child, an open door.
Mission: Transforming lives and our communities through the power of education.
1. All students have the ability to achieve academic excellence.
2. All students thrive in a highly disciplined school environment.
3. All students must be prepared to excel in demanding high schools on their way to selective colleges.
4. All students deserve outstanding teachers that produce outstanding results.
Our Students and Results
● Admission is open to all students; academic proficiency is not considered during the admissions process.
● 75% of our students are students of color and 90% are economically disadvantaged.
● USN schools serve students in grades K-8 and have a robust alumni services program.
● USN 8th graders regularly gain acceptance to the top high school programs in the city.
Joining Our Team
The key responsibilities are intended as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Key responsibilities include:
Coordination of Program Needs
● Works with school-based staff to ensure that the various programs and opportunities for enrichment and after-school are funded and staffed, annually and in a timely manner.
● Coordinates with Chief Schools Officer to ensure relationships, programs, and opportunities continue from year to year.
● Conducts research and writes grant proposals, applications, and reports; coordinates with the Development Team to resource the above programs and opportunities.
● Plans and executes meaningful events which promote and raise funds for USN students, including grant activity celebrations, volunteer events, breakfast tours, and in-home fundraisers.
● Supports the Development Associate with planning and execution of meaningful volunteer activities that engage constituents and support school-based initiatives.
● Plans and executes the stewardship of recurring donors, including Fifty 4 Fifty members.
● Utilizes moves management strategy to effectively track the donor journey.
● Manages the schedule for and execution of mid-year, end-of-year, and annual acknowledgement of all donors and volunteers.
● Manages a portfolio of 50 mid-level donors.
● Coordinates appropriate gift stewardship activities.
Marketing and Communication
● Plans and executes activities around Annual Campaign, including appeal, board matching challenge, tracking, and stewardship.
● Coordinates the timely creation and updating of development materials, including marketing materials, swag, and new donor welcome packets.
● Facilitates the creation and mailing of development-related communications, including the Donor Appreciation Newsletter, solicitation letters, and thank-yous.
Other duties as assigned by the Development Director
● This description is representative of the position requirements and is not intended to be all-inclusive.
United Schools Network will consider hiring a full-time Development Coordinator with the following characteristics and qualifications:
● Exceptional and warm interpersonal skills: ability to interact effectively with team members, community leaders, board members, prospects, donors, and a variety of volunteers.
● Results-driven, with commitment to data excellence and the use of data, combined with critical thinking skills, to drive strategic fundraising decisions.
● Capacity to excel in a team environment or independently, and to adapt to a rapidly changing environment with emotional constancy.
● Openness to feedback, a willingness to take personal responsibility for the affairs of the network, and the ability to learn from one’s mistakes.
● Values continuous improvement both for self and development projects.
● Personal and professional integrity with willingness to abide by the Donor Bill of Rights, the AFP code of Ethics, and the Development Team Vision, Mission, and Core Values.
● Demonstrated personal commitment to and enthusiasm for USN’s mission and financial success.
● Bachelor’s degree required; 2-4 years minimum of fundraising experience preferred.
● Technological proficiency using Google Suite and Microsoft Office, (especially Word, Excel, and Publisher).
Resumes for this position will be considered immediately and will remain posted until filled. Compensation and benefits are competitive; this position is eligible to participate in Ohio’s State Employees Retirement System or State Teacher Retirement System. United Schools Network is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply Apply online at www.applitrack.com/cca/onlineapp.