About the Position:
Capital City Public Charter School is seeking a Development & Communications Associate to provide support to the overall development efforts of the school in addition to strengthening and enhancing Capital City’s communications strategy. This individual reports to the Director of Development and Outreach and serves as project manager for development and communication initiatives at Capital City. This position also works closely with our Director of Communications. This job description is meant to provide structure to the responsibilities and accountability of this position. There may be additional responsibilities that the Development & Communications Associate undertakes or that are assigned as needs of the department and the school arise.
This is a full-time hybrid (virtual/in-person) position; hours may vary from week to week due to department needs.
In the following areas, the Development & Communications Associate will:
• Generate acknowledgement letters, pledge reminders, and solicitations to individual donors and assist in other stewardship and prospecting activities.
• Maintain database and digital files of prospects and donors.
• Work with the business department to process and track all individual donations.
• Assist in researching grant opportunities, proposal assembly/submission, donor stewardship and grant management and reporting.
• Prepare visitor packets and give tours of the school as needed for development-related visitors (once visitors are allowed in building).
• Assist with planning and executing development and outreach events.
• Prepare a variety of reports and dashboards for internal and external fundraising reporting.
• Prepare accurate and thorough monthly giving reports
• Support the Parent School Association fundraising efforts
• Assist with all aspects of family, staff and annual individual giving campaigns.
• Monitor and update a schedule of due dates for grant proposals, reports, and events.
• Support content generation for school website, campaigns, and social media with writing, designing and updating pages, materials and posts.
• Update external calendars and communication tools.
• Support writing, formatting, and preparing community newsletters for online dissemination.
• Support the documentation of school activities and events and maintain photo/video archives and student media releases.
• Maintain the school brand: maintain standardized design for all materials, including school merchandise, newsletters, communication templates, brochures, and other print and web development and outreach materials.
• Support the schoolwide communications strategy.
Other Related Tasks
• Meet regularly with the development and outreach team.
• Maintain “Capital City Store” of school merchandise by designing and sourcing items for sale that align with our school brand.
Please apply here: https://app.hirenimble.com/jobview/7274
As a condition of employment, all employees hired after September 1, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and able to provide proof of such vaccination.
• Bachelor degree in related field.
• At least two years of experience in fundraising, development, and/or communications.
• Excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task and take initiative.
• Excellent written and communications skills.
• Experience with design software, such as Adobe Suite.
• Experience with fundraising management software, such as Network for Good.
• Familiarity with Google Drive.
• Commitment to equity and social justice in education.
• Bilingual candidates in Spanish preferred.
In addition to the above requirements, staff members must meet the requirements of all hires at Capital City including a criminal background check and a negative TB test.