CURRICULUM COORDINATOR/INSTRUCTIONAL COACH
School Year: 2020-2021
Job Opportunity: Curriculum Coordinator/Instructional Coach
Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: Principal
Start Date: July 2020
We are seeking an experienced educator to support our Primary, Lower and Upper Elementary students and classrooms for the 2020-21 school year. The Curriculum Coordinator will work with the Primary and Elementary guides/teachers to support student learning and achievement. Under the supervision of the Principal this position creates and implements strategies to monitor student progress with appropriate learning methods, lesson plans, intervention strategies and assessments. The Curriculum Coordinator acts as an instructional coach and liaison between the teachers and the Principal, coordinating assessments, student observations, activities in the classroom, and providing support and guidance to the Principal and teachers in all areas of Montessori education.
The Curriculum Coordinator will provide leadership and vision in the ongoing planning, implementation, development, direction, review and evaluation of the school’s curriculum and instruction, assessment, research and evaluation processes and procedures. In addition, the Curriculum Coordinator will ensure that the school’s education objectives are aligned to state and local frameworks and to instructional practices that yield the highest standards of student achievement and instructional excellence. The Curriculum Coordinator reports to the Principal and participates as a member of the Executive Director’s administrative team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Teaching and Learning and Curriculum Development
● Ensure that the Montessori Learning Standards/curriculum is aligned with the Common Core State Standards
● Assists Principal with regularly monitoring student academic performance, student data management and analysis
● Coordinate with the Principal, Special Education and ELL Coordinators to ensure differentiation of instruction and provision of required accommodations for students with exceptional needs
● Assist Principal with piloting the implementation of a dual immersion Montessori program
● Actively strive to build morale and a spirit of cooperation within the school.
● Plan, implement and coordinate assessment design, curriculum development, policies and classroom teaching and learning strategies
● Oversee the effective use of curriculum resources for all subject areas.
● Collaborates with teachers to develop a curriculum that will ensure students meet the Montessori learning and state academic standards
Professional Development & Inservice Training Coordination and Support
● Support the Principal in designing the professional development calendar and facilitate sessions as needed
● Assist the Principal with orientation of new staff and substitutes.
● Along with Principal, conduct formal and informal observations and supervision of staff
● Assist principal in the supervision, administration and analysis of all state, local and internal testing programs, including the creation of an annual school-wide assessment calendar
● Assist Leadership Team in the preparation of the school’s instructional calendar
● Represent school in meetings and conferences related to curriculum and instruction and technology
● Support all aspects of the school’s instructional and curricular integration of technology
Administration and Planning
● Participate as needed, in meetings with parents, teachers, and the Principal, depending on the nature of the issue being addressed.
● Assist in the preparation of reports to the Executive Director, Principal, Board of Trustees and external stakeholders, as needed
● Coordinate and manage field trip planning and implementation
● Advise Principal of additional staffing or materials needed for special events
● Make recommendations for ordering and maintenance of Montessori materials at the beginning of the year and as needed each trimester.
● Participate in the interview and selection process of instructional staff as appropriate
● Other duties as assigned
Required Competencies & Qualifications:
● Ability to maintain confidentiality
● A passion for growing independent, confident and intellectually curious children
● Ability to provide services to all children and families with respect and dignity
● Demonstrated ability to work successfully with age appropriate students, staff and multicultural community
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Excellent written, communication skills
● Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Drive
● A sense of humor and a love of children
Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university required
● Masters Degree preferred
● Montessori Certification preferred
● 3-5 years of Montessori teaching experience or as an instructional coach/curriculum coordinator required
● Prior work and/or administrative experience in a Montessori public, private or charter school preferred
● Prior experience implementing a bilingual or dual immersion program
● Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally underserved students
● Prior experience working in diverse learning environments
● Spanish fluency a plus
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title in the subject line