The elementary school culture associate provides support to scholars and the classroom teachers and is responsible for providing behavioral support to students, ensuring students are on task and that the behavior expectations established by the school culture are implemented.
Our educators embrace a rigorous liberal arts program and a positive approach to discipline, believe in the power of family and community partnerships, and commit to helping students succeed in college and beyond.
Why extraordinary educators work at Ascend
Ascend is a network of K-12 public charter schools serving 4,000 students across nine schools in Central Brooklyn. Our mission is to provide our students an extraordinary education, placing them firmly on the path to success in college and beyond.
We guide our students to think critically and independently, and to enjoy education as an end in itself. We teach a rich and rigorous liberal arts curriculum that nurtures students' natural curiosity about the world. We foster a positive, non-punitive school culture where students feel connected, empowered, and safe to take academic risks. And we design our school buildings to reflect the incredible accomplishments that happen within their walls and our high aspirations for teaching and learning.
To create this kind of vibrant learning community, we invest heavily in our faculty by providing ongoing professional training and support, and encourage our educators to collaborate closely and push each other to achieve great outcomes.
Visit our website - http://www.ascendlearning.org/our-approach/lower-school-program/ to learn more about the Ascend approach.
The elementary school culture associate provides support to scholars and the classroom teachers and is responsible for providing behavioral support to students, ensuring students are on task and that the behavior expectations established by the school culture are implemented. Additionally, the culture associate will:
* Provide classroom management support
* Provide 1-1, small group, and whole class assistance as needed to scholars
* Help unload bus scholars in the morning; speak to the drivers about behavior; follow up with Deans as needed to enforce bus policy
* Help monitor uniform compliance as scholars enter the building in the morning
* Maintain Culture Office hours during the day to receive scholars who are referred out of the classroom
* Input all behavior-related data into the Ascend data system
* Report all behavior referrals to the dean of students
* Attend and participate in Culture Team meetings and professional developmentMonitor In-School-Suspension scholars
Staff and reporting relationships
The elementary school culture associate reports directly to the dean of students.
* Bachelor's degree required; master's degree and certification preferred
* The ability to create a classroom environment where students feel safe, supported, and challenged
* Strong classroom management skills
* Passion and commitment to teaching scholars in underserved areas and to closing the achievement gap
* Relentless drive to set and achieve ambitious goals
* Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
* Growth mindset and ability to use feedback to improve practice
* Experience teaching in underserved areas a plus
Diversity at Ascend
Ascend is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community, both through our hiring practices and our focus on creating a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and educating students. Ascend staff represent a wide diversity of racial, socio-economic, gender, religious, and national identities—opening a window to the entire Ascend community on the richness of humanity. We welcome all applicants who share our mission and vision to join us in our deeply consequential work.
Ascend offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/6cgfnqmjhprqwmd2