Concurrent Enrollment Counselor
Colorado High School Charter is seeking a Concurrent Enrollment Counselor at our Osage Campus in Denver, Colorado. In partnership with a number of community organizations, Colorado High School provides students with a unique and innovative learning environment that allows them to focus on project-based core content classes (Language Arts, Language Arts, Social Studies, and English Language Arts) while taking advantage of numerous concurrent enrollment and community partner opportunities.
Colorado High School Charter Overview
Colorado High School Charter (CHSC) is a 9-12 public charter school in Denver whose mission is to transform the alternative education experience by igniting the potential within each of the diverse young people we serve. CHSC is one of the leading alternative education campuses in Denver, with student achievement data consistently showing notable growth. As an educator at CHSC, you will have the opportunity to develop meaningful relationships with your students while receiving regular coaching and professional development to allow you to deliver exceptional instruction for students who have not found success elsewhere. www.coloradohighschoolcharter.com
What do we look for in candidates?
• You are passionate about education in an alternative education setting and are excited about Colorado High School’s mission
• You recognize the value of learning through real-world application and are eager to help all students consider a range of satisfying career paths
• You have experience or a strong desire to work with young people who have struggled personally or academically in conventional school settings
• You are tenacious about your own professional growth and have the ability to seek and apply feedback to improve your practice
• You’re entrepreneurial, innovative and willing to do “whatever it takes”
• You value developing trusting and often transformative relationships with students
• You are a team player who helps create a positive and vibrant school culture for both staff and students
• Connect students to concurrent enrollment opportunities through school-based partnerships and other community agencies that provide young people with post-secondary training and exposure
• Support students participating in concurrent enrollment opportunities, focusing on their academic and social-emotional skill building
• Maintain student files and data management of student meetings and next step notes
• Conduct frequent student meetings to both inform new students of available programs and support those who are participating
• Engage parents/guardians in order to support student success
• Order materials for CE courses, coordinate student testing for Accuplacer or equivalent required entrance tests
• Advertise and market content for upcoming programs
• Assist in updating school’s Facebook and other social media sources
• Assist in other school wide events such as Senior Interviews, Career Fair, Family Night, etc.
• You have experience and a strong desire to work with young people who have struggled personally or academically in conventional school settings.
• Experience working with at-risk youth preferred
• Master’s Degree in Guidance Counseling or equivalent preferred
• Bilingual strongly preferred
• Exhibit cultural competence and works with a student centered lens
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly, facilitating positive relationships across a wide range of constituencies
• Critical, strategic thinking and the capacity to manage multiple priorities
• Permanent US work authorization
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience and include a comprehensive benefits package.
Email resumes to email@example.com
CHSC proudly values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Colorado High School Charter does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities.
Colorado High School Charter is transforming the alternative education experience by igniting the potential within each of the diverse young people we serve. CHSC ensures students’ personal and academic growth by creating tailored curricula, a supportive school environment, and community partnerships. We empower our students to succeed in life and positively contribute to their families and communities by offering them the freedom and resources to pursue a post-secondary path aligned with their individualized goals.