The Chief Operating Officer (COO) role is a new addition to the executive leadership team. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the COO will play a key role in supporting the next phase of development of Civic Builders by building a strong operational arm in the organization that focuses on building a culture of talent and connectivity, leading Civic Builder’s work to further define how the organization supports and develops talent in every role. The COO will also oversee all aspects of fundraising, asset management, accounting, marketing and financial planning within the organization to ensure Civic Builders operations directionally support the organization's ability to meet its goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the CEO, the COO will direct and supervise three departments, currently 6 employees and growing. Oversight over the following duties and responsibilities include:
Human Resources and Talent Management
● Lead talent management and support all components of the talent cycle from recruiting, screening, hiring and ongoing development
● Design and implement comprehensive performance management cycle
● Build and strengthen team culture to further define and reinforce and enforce our culture and support on talent
● Support the leadership team in strategically aligning the organization structure, reviewing and analyzing organizational policies to ensure alignment to the company’s strategic priorities and evolving industry best practices.
Thought Leadership and Stewardship
● Lead a highly effective and innovative team including office management staff supporting the CEO and organization
● Thought partner to the CEO and other members of the cabinet
● Provide strategic leadership and direction in all aspects of the organizations’ financial and sustainability plans
● Work with the CEO to provide staff support, leadership and guidance to the Board of Directors
● Work to ensure Civic Builders’ is maintaining compliance and adherence to local laws and ordinances
● Report and oversee compliance in monitoring, assessment, reporting and progress monitoring.
● Set operational and/or performance goals for each department
Accounting and Asset Management
● Provide leadership and oversight to strengthen accounting and asset management practices and procedures including the proper maintenance of organizational books and records and ensuring
company financials are current
● Implement or strengthen appropriate financial systems, structures and processes
● Provide oversight and regularly report on organization’s portfolio of assets including real estate/property and financial assets
● Create regular reporting structures and systems for internal and external stakeholders about the organization
● Support the research and analysis of ongoing efforts, initiatives and projects to help inform decision-making on future projects
Fundraising and Marketing
● Develop long-term fundraising and marketing strategies
● Lead execution of fundraising strategies for Civic Builders’ operational and capital needs, including management of existing and recruitment of new funding partners
● Research and stay informed around philanthropy and foundations to stay informed on trends in the market
● Define and oversee measures and monitors results for the organizations’ fundraising goals
● Bring at least 10 years of professional experience leading accounting, budgeting, asset management, and/or human resources teams in the public or private sector, with specific experience in the real estate, financial services, or non-profit sector. At least 2 years of senior supervisory or executive level experience required.
● Experience with nonprofit public charter schools or education sector experience preferred.
● Possess an MBA, MPP (preferred) or similar advanced degree.
● Excellent written and oral communications skills.
● Exceptional organizational skills
● Proven track record of working in a complex and dynamic organization.
● Commitment to public policy, urban public education, and public-sector work.
Submit resumes or request for more information to email@example.com. Also visit http://www.almaadvisorygroup.com/opportunitiescivic-builders-coo