Intrepid College Prep is a growing network of free, open-enrollment, high-performing public charter schools committed to preparing scholars to excel in selective colleges, earn professional opportunities, and graduate as financially literate professionals and positive leaders. Our Blue Chip Team currently educates nearly 500 students across two schools – Opportunity Academy, serving students in grades 5-8 and Independence Academy, serving students in grades 9-10 in 2018-
A pioneer in financial literacy education, Intrepid College Prep achieves remarkable academic growth for all scholars especially English Language Learners. In 2017, our scholars were #1 in ELL Achievement in Math, #1 in Hispanic Achievement in Math, and #1 in African-American Achievement in Math. Intrepid was also #1 in composite growth among all middle and high schools in Nashville and in the top 1% in the state for growth during the 2016-2017 school year. 96.7%
of Intrepid’s Algebra I students demonstrated On-Track/Mastered performance during the 2016-2017 school year. Our work grows scholars academically, financially, and socially – providing the skill sets needed to be game changing leaders in every facet of the future. Intrepid alumni will transform college campuses and the work force, raising expectations for academic excellence, financial acumen and ethical leadership.
The Chief Operating Officer for Intrepid College Prep will provide strategic leadership and planning for the operations function, serve as a key member of the senior leadership team of the organization, and oversee all operations activities: facility acquisition and management, information technology, internal financial processes,
human resources, vendor management, compliance, enrollment, lottery, and student information systems. The COO is a critical role that will help to build new systems and structures that will shape the future of the organization and set us up for sustainable success as we grow.
• Manage the operations department; provide team leadership and develop direct reports to achieve
• Develop strategic systems to be used across our network of schools, in the following areas: facilities,
lottery/enrollment, attendance, reporting, vendor management, inventory, procurement, and internal
• Oversee internal financial systems for accounts payable/receivable, weekly deposits, and expense
• Manage operations budget
• Manage outside contractors (transportation, accounting, janitorial, IT, etc.)
• Manage the process of securing and maintaining facilities
• Oversee the ongoing maintenance of updating information systems and infrastructure, including
hardware, software, and applications
• Coordinate business insurance and maintain best practices for risk management and safety
• Ensure compliance with all reporting requirements in a timely and accurate manner
• Oversee charter renewal, AdvancED accreditation, audits, compliance and yearly authorizer visits
• Collaborate internally on special projects and provide leadership and strategic insight on cross-functional
• Serve as a key member of the c-level team addressing organization-wide strategic topics
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Embody and advocate the mission, vision and strategic direction of the organization
• Demonstrated success in developing and implementing Operations systems
• Inspirational leadership and staff development experience
• Effective and welcoming communicator with staff, scholars and families
• Process oriented, analytical problem solver, strategic planner, solution oriented
• Ability to serve as an ambassador and spokesperson for the organization and articulate our mission to
• Strong strategic planning and project management skills
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and database management
• Self-starter with a proven ability to meet and complete multiple tasks with solid deadlines
• Flexible, people-oriented team player
• Bachelor's degree required; MS Finance or MBA preferred
• Charter school experience strongly preferred
• Minimum 5-8 years of directly related experience, preferably in an operations department of a non-profit
or educational organization
• At least 3 years in a leadership role
Salary and benefits
• We offer a competitive salary based on experience. Benefits include medical/dental/vision coverage and
paid sick and vacation time off.
• We offer 12 weeks of paid FMLA leave at 80% of salary.
Commitment to Diversity
Intrepid College Prep is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced team of educators. We do not
discriminate based on race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Apply: Begin the application process on HireVue here: https://bes.hirevue.com/openvue/5jChJfdDMFwrrrSaMRUtNJ/