Washington Latin is a liberal arts, college preparatory school with a classical mission. We serve 700 students in grades 5-12 from across the District. We believe that all students deserve a quality education that goes beyond preparation and focuses on developing knowledge, understanding and humanity. Ours is a school where words matter, ideas matter, and people matter. We strive to help our students to become thoughtful people who will contribute to the public good and continue a lifelong quest towards a fuller humanity.
Washington Latin is seeking a Special Education Case Manager for the immediate school year. The Case Manager will report to the Co-Directors of Student Support Services, and will manage a caseload of students with Individual Education Plans, who receive related services for Special Education. The role of the Case Manager is multidisciplinary, and involves the coordination of services that the student is meant to receive both inside and outside of the classroom.
The role of the Case Manager requires a candidate who is equally detail oriented, and comfortable building relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders – adults and students alike. The Case Manager must work in person with the student, his or her teachers, and his or her family to ensure that he or she is receiving an excellent education given his or her unique needs. The Case Manager must also manage all of the paperwork entailed in providing Special Education Services in the District of Columbia.
• Supporting the academic understanding of students on his/her caseload by both pushing in and pulling students out of the General Education Inclusion setting
• Overseeing the delivery of IEP services from Related Service Providers
• Conducting Annual IEP Reviews with members of the IEP team, including the student, the student’s family, and general education teachers.
• Keeping all paperwork regarding the student’s IEP services current and accurate
• Working with General Education teacher on planning, modifying, and delivering instruction and assessments.
• Ensuring that all academic testing (both statewide and in classrooms) in which a student participates includes his or her IEP Accommodations.
• Bachelor’s Degree Required- Education or related field preferred
• Master’s Degree Preferred
• Minimum two years of experience in education required, Special Education experience preferred
• Experience working in diverse schools preferred
• Must meet the requirements outlined by the DC Public Charter School Board to be considered a Highly Qualified Teacher
If interested, please visit http://latinpcs.org/join-2/employment/ to fill out an initial application.