The associate director of publications will work closely with the totality of the Curriculum Design Team (CDT) to produce curriculum and assessment materials for grades K-8 in English language arts, social studies, science, and math that align to the Common Core and to the greater vision of Ascend's curriculum team; ensure quality control of all produced materials; and, in collaboration with the director of publications, monitor and communicate the status of materials to school leaders and staff.
We look for professionals who are excited about our liberal arts program, positive approach to discipline, and commitment to serving all students in truly public schools. Above all, we seek staff members who are deeply committed to urban education and our ultimate goal of closing the achievement gap for the children of Central Brooklyn.
Why join Ascend Public Charter Schools?
Ascend is a network of K-12 public charter schools serving 4,400 students across 10 schools in Central Brooklyn. Our mission is to lead our students on a great intellectual journey, providing them with an exceptional education and placing them firmly on the path to success in college and beyond.
We guide our students to think critically and independently and to enjoy education as an end in itself. We teach a rich and rigorous liberal arts curriculum that nurtures students' natural curiosity about the world. We foster a positive, non-punitive school culture where students feel connected, empowered, and safe to take academic risks. Even our school buildings are designed to reflect our high aspirations for teaching and learning and the notable accomplishments that occur within our walls. By offering a rich liberal arts education in a supportive environment, we animate children's natural sense of curiosity and prepare students to think on their own, thrive on their own, and engage the world as informed, responsible citizens.
In school year 2017-2018 we will educate more than 4,000 students at five lower schools, four middle schools, and one high school. Ascend's college-preparatory liberal arts curriculum and warm and supportive school culture equip teachers with the tools to achieve exceptional academic outcomes and close the achievement gap in Central Brooklyn.
The associate director of publications, in collaboration with the director of publications, will:
* proofread, copyedit, and format Ascend's curriculum and assessment materials (all subject areas)
* monitor and traffic quality control procedures
* monitor the curriculum and assessment materials production schedule
* log and track curriculum feedback and responses
* train and support CDT staff on our software systems
* assist CDT staff in the curriculum materials ordering process
* provide editorial and general office assistance to CDT directors
* work with the director of publications on additional projects and initiatives as needed
Reporting Relationships and Team
The associate director of publications shall report directly to the director of publications, and will collaborate closely with other members of the curriculum and schools teams.
* Bachelor's degree
* One or more years working in an education or publishing environment
* Exceptional self-motivation
* Team orientation
* Absolute integrity
* Exemplary proofreading, copyediting, and desktop publishing skills
* Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
* Superb organizational, project management, time management, and problem-solving skills
* A mindset of excellence for upholding the highest standards for beautifully written, error-free curricula
* Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, and “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude
Diversity at Ascend
Ascend is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community, both through our hiring practices and our focus on creating a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and educating students. Ascend staff represent a wide diversity of racial, socio-economic, gender, religious, and national identities—opening a window to the entire Ascend community on the richness of humanity. We welcome all applicants who share our mission and vision to join us in our deeply consequential work.
Ascend offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/7qvqvqdyy5d9rgzh