At Ascend, we're excited about educators who are committed to educational excellence and are fired up about our liberal arts program, positive approach to discipline, and commitment to serve all students. At Ascend we invest in your professional growth--training, supporting, and collaborating with you every step of the way.
Join us as we foster our students' innate curiosities, encourage discussion and debate, and guide students to think, imagine, debate, and create.
We seek associate deans of students who are passionate about school culture and academic success. The dean of students is responsible for shaping and sustaining the school's distinctive culture and ensuring that students internalize the school's values and aspirations for academic excellence. The associate dean will provide cultural leadership to the teaching staff and oversee the implementation of school-wide systems and procedures. At Ascend, we value leaders with a hunger for feedback and professional growth, and a dedication to excellence.
Why extraordinary leaders lead at Ascend
Ascend is a growing network of K-12 public charter schools serving 5,000 students across 12 schools in Central Brooklyn and offering a new model for public education. Our mission is to lead our students on a great intellectual journey, providing them with an exceptional education and placing them firmly on the path to success in college and beyond.
We guide our students to think critically and independently and to enjoy education as an end in itself. We teach a rich and rigorous liberal arts curriculum that nurtures students' natural curiosity about the world. We foster a positive, non-punitive school culture where students feel connected, empowered, and safe to take academic risks. Even our school buildings are designed to reflect our high aspirations for teaching and learning and the notable accomplishments that occur within our walls.
To create this kind of vibrant learning community, we invest heavily in our faculty by providing ongoing professional training and support, and encourage our educators to collaborate closely and push each other to achieve great outcomes.
Leading at Ascend means growing deeply in your career, expressing your voice, and playing a defining role in the future of your students, your school, and the Ascend network.
Visit our website - http://www.ascendlearning.org/careers/leadership-positions-at-ascend/ to learn more about the Ascend approach.
The associate dean of students will create and implement school-wide systems and procedures that are structured, predictable, and support the school's highly ambitious academic expectations. Additionally, the associate dean of students will:
* Work with the teachers to ensure a successful advisory program
* Provide support to teachers, helping them build and create a warm, structured and responsive classroom culture
* Reinforce and maintain the school's culture of high academic and behavioral achievement by utilizing the Ascend philosophy that discipline is an opportunity for learning, growth, and community-building
* Work with parents, families, and caregivers to build and maintain strong relationships throughout the course of the school year
* Input all behavior-related data into the Ascend data system
* Report all behavior referrals to the dean of students
* Attend and participate in Student Support Team meetings
* Provide 1-1 assistance as needed to scholars
Staff and reporting relationships
The associate dean of students reports to the dean of students.
* Bachelor's degree
* Teaching experience preferred
* Experience supporting scholar academic development
* Experience as a paraprofessional, preferably in a charter school, a plus
* Passion and commitment to urban education and our ultimate goal of closing the achievement gap
* Superb organizational, self-management, and problem-solving skills
* Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
* A hunger for feedback and an openness to engage in a process of self-improvement
* Alignment with the educational philosophy and core beliefs of Ascend
Diversity at Ascend
Ascend is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community, both through our hiring practices and our focus on creating a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and educating students. Ascend staff represent a wide diversity of racial, socio-economic, gender, religious, and national identities—opening a window to the entire Ascend community on the richness of humanity. We welcome all applicants who share our mission and vision to join us in our deeply consequential work.
Ascend offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/6yxfthm53ptnt8jm