Employment Opportunity: Assistant Principal – Be a member of our team!
Start date: July 15, 2020
About Charleston Charter School for Math and Science: Charleston Charter School for Math and Science (CCSMS) provides a STEM focused education in a culturally diverse and experiential learning environment. CCSMS is a public charter school educating 560 scholars in grades 6 to 12. We believe every child can reach their potential with the support of compassionate adults, so we’ve created a school to nurture and engage different types of learners and thinkers. Our community offers small class sizes and pioneering instructional approaches to shape innovators and forward-thinking leaders. Charleston Charter School for Math and Science is closing opportunity and achievement gaps and we are committed to preparing our students for 21st century careers.
Overview of the Position: CCSMS is looking for a new member of their administrative team who is ready to collaborate with peers, motivate our high school scholars, and advance the mission of CCSMS. The Assistant Principal for the high school will assist teachers with cultivating curricular content and instructional strategies to meet the needs of our diverse learners based on actionable data and the best use of resources. They will help build on our social emotional learning efforts and restorative practices by fostering positive relationships with our scholars and their families.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with recruiting, interviewing and selecting new teachers.
• Assist with the supervision, development, retention, and evaluation of teachers using the South Carolina Teaching Standards 4.0.
• Assist with the planning and implementation of professional development opportunities, including whole-staff and small group and department sessions.
Curriculum & Assessment Leadership:
• Curriculum alignment, development, data analyses, assessment design and use of benchmark.
• Assist teachers with the appropriate implementation and sustainable use of learning management systems and digital curricular resources with a focus on the individual growth of scholars.
• Work collaboratively with administrators, teachers, and district staff to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws including state and district mandated testing.
• Assist in implementing academic interventions based on available scholar achievement data in collaboration with appropriate teachers and departments/teams.
• Assist with documenting and reporting scholar growth including academic goals, maintaining self-regulation, and demonstrating self-efficacy.
• Assist management and coordination acquisition and distribution of textbooks and other instructional resources for teachers and scholars.
• Manage data and records in a compliant and confidential manner.
• Assist with test coordination, logistics and field trips.
School Culture & Character Development Leadership:
• Contribute to a safe and supportive learning environment for our scholars and staff while establishing and maintaining a cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Develop and support structures for scholars to reach academic and developmental goals.
• Plan, implement and participate in programs and activities related to day to day operations.
• Support teachers with scholar accountability and discipline matters, including coordination and facilitation scholar-teacher interventions and parent-teacher-scholar interventions.
• Monitor scholars on campus during school hours, after hour activities/events, and virtual learning.
• Use interpersonal skills and communication skills that demonstrate respect for others.
• Establish, coordinate and maintain communication with families and community partners.
• Manage responses to parent concerns, understand and resolve issues, complaints or problems not resolved at the teacher level.
• Assist with the planning and management of scholar summer orientation sessions.
School Operations Leadership:
• Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Assist with preparation of class schedules, cumulative records and attendance reports.
• Assist with planning and monitoring the school budgets, including the requisition and allocation of supplies, equipment and instructional materials as needed.
• Perform all other duties as delegated by the principal.
• Education and Experience: Master’s degree and three years of classroom teaching experience or an equivalent combination.
• Must have, or be eligible to receive, a SC Principal Certification.
• Ability to respond appropriately in stressful situations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Commitment to the belief that all scholars can learn and the mission of educational equity.
• Applicable state and federal laws related to public schools.
• South Carolina state curricular standards and related resources.
• Modern office practices, procedures, protocols, and equipment.
Salary: The Charleston Charter School for Math and Science pay scale is aligned with the local CCSD pay scale.
Benefits: State retirement, state health and dental benefits, and leave policy.
Apply today! We are actively accepting resumes. All interested applicants may submit a send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCSMS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CCSMS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.