REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
• Appropriate Instructional I or Instructional II Pennsylvania Teaching Certificate, Temporary Teaching Certificate, or valid out of state license for the given subject area for which you are teaching.
• Required criminal history background check, physical and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
• At least (1) year of urban teaching experience
• Experience in leading out of school time learning opportunities (e.g. serving as a coach, mentor, club leader)
QUALIFICATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
A SLACS Co-Teacher is charged with providing instruction to our students and is specifically responsible for, but not limited to:
• Providing daily reinforcement activities to improve students’ mastery of key skills under the direction of the lead teacher.
• Co-plan and co-teach as appropriate.
• Aiding students with disabilities.
• Facilitate small group instruction Reading & Math.
• Assisting and monitoring students as they work on computers and other specialized equipment.
• Assisting with administering and scoring of tests.
• Following written plans of activities approved by the assigned teacher.
• Helping with preparation and setup of the teachers’ classroom, including bulletin boards and other room decorations.
• Assisting with the maintenance of students’ portfolio assessment files.
• Supervises students in classrooms, halls, cafeteria, school yard, and on field trips at the direction of the lead teacher.
• Assists students in admissions and dismissal and any other student transition, at the director of the lead teacher.
• Maintaining a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information in regards to students.
• Attend all professional development, team planning and data analysis meetings as needed.
An ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following and/or have experiences with:
• Commitment to the success of all SLACS students and specifically to raising the academic achievement of children in high-poverty communities and/ or children with special needs.
• Instructional skills and ability to assist students in the learning process.
• Desire to grow professionally and seek out new opportunities to learn; and integrity and clarity in all communications and interactions.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
• Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Exceptional classroom management skills.
• Flexible, optimistic approach; committed to overcoming challenges; problem solving skills.
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong working knowledge of technology used to differentiate instruction for students.
SALARY, BENEFITS, AND EMPLOYMENT PERIOD
• Competitive salary based on education and experience.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Account
• 401K Matching Plan
• Ten (10) Months, non-tenureable position
HOW TO APPLY
Effective for SY 18-19, SLACS is only accepting electronic applications. Please visit our online application portal to submit your resume, cover letter, and supporting materials today! Incomplete applications will not be considered.
OPENING DATE: February 7, 2018
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
SOUTHWEST LEADERSHIP ACADEMY CHARTER SCHOOL IS AN
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER