At Ascend, we're excited about professionals who are fired up about our liberal arts program, positive approach to discipline, and commitment to serve all students. Join us as we foster innate curiosities, encourage discussion and debate, and guide students to think their own way through to answers.
As a member of Ascend's technology team, the application support manager will be responsible for partnering closely with end users and the technology team to maximize usage of Ascend's applications and hardware.
Why extraordinary professionals choose Ascend
Ascend is a network of K-12 public charter schools serving 5,500 students across 15 schools in Central Brooklyn. Our mission is to lead our students on a great intellectual journey, providing them with an exceptional education and placing them firmly on the path to success in college and beyond.
We guide our students to think critically and independently and to enjoy education as an end in itself. We teach a rich and rigorous liberal arts curriculum that nurtures students' natural curiosity about the world. We foster a positive, non-punitive school culture where students feel connected, empowered, and safe to take academic risks. Even our school buildings are designed to reflect our high aspirations for teaching and learning and the notable accomplishments that occur within our walls.
To create this kind of vibrant learning community, we invest heavily in our faculty by providing ongoing professional training and support, and encourage our educators to collaborate closely and push each other to achieve great outcomes.
You can learn more about the Ascend approach by visiting our website - http://www.ascendschools.org/careers.
The application support manager will:
Training and Operations
Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of all Ascend applications
Design and lead trainings, for both small and large groups, on all applications and hardware
Produce organized and informative application documentation, including details of application configurations and installation and client infrastructure
Understand the different roles end users, including teachers, school leaders, operations staff and other administrative staff
Create, implement, and maintain training curricula, documentation, and technology policies, including tip sheets, user guides and other training curricula
Administer the technology onboarding experience for new hires
Partner with network teams to scope, vet, and implement new software applications
Ensure adequate tracking/metrics of training and work with the technology team to measure impact
Collect end-user feedback for the broader technology team to incorporate into future design/enhancements
Assist with supporting new and existing application integrations
Engage software and equipment vendors to ensure issues are escalated and relevant information is provided for troubleshooting or clarifying issues
Contribute to team initiatives and looking for opportunities for process improvement
Maintain a high degree of awareness of applications enhancements and new solutions from current and prospective vendors
Perform periodic performance reporting
* Provide first-line and second-line application support, resolving technical issues and communicating solutions
* Monitor and respond to tickets submitted by staff
* Develop a deep understanding of applications, supporting infrastructure and systems integration
* Support and troubleshoot issues (process and system), identify root causes, and proactively implement sustainable corrective actions
* Assist technology team with application and infrastructure projects and support
Staff and Reporting Relationships
The application support manager reports to Ascend's managing director of technology.
* Bachelor's degree from a competitive college or university.
* 5+ years of work experience in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
* 3+ years of application support experience.
* K-12 school experience is preferred, but other tech training will be considered.
* Proficiency in developing and delivering various training materials and modalities, including in-person, virtual and digital training.
* Must have worked as an end user / client facing trainer at all levels of seniority.
* Possesses the ability to effectively produce written support documentation.
* Some experience or interest in learning about data warehousing and information management preferred.
* Must have good organizational, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to meet deadlines is essential.
* Must possess the ability to interface staff and perform as a liaison.
* Ability to create organized and informative reports, as well as comprehensive, accurate documentation.
* Ability to handle multiple assignments.
* Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
* Basic HTML/CSS knowledge is a plus.
Skills and Traits
A successful application support manager will demonstrate:
* Excellent customer service skills and the ability to prioritize and communicate effectively with non-technical users.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Comfort with performing hands-on work and assisting with strategic projects.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Flexibility and the ability to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed.
* Strong results-oriented troubleshooting and commitment to excellence.
* Self-sufficiency with the ability to ask questions and request help when needed.
* Excellent task- and time-management skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to think critically, quickly, and strategically.
* Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Diversity at Ascend
Ascend is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community, both through our hiring practices and our focus on creating a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and educating students. Ascend staff represent a wide diversity of racial, socio-economic, gender, religious, and national identities—opening a window to the entire Ascend community on the richness of humanity. We welcome all applicants who share our mission and vision to join us in our deeply consequential work.
Ascend offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit www.ascendschools.org/careers - http://www.ascendschools.org/careers to learn more about the benefits of working at Ascend.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/gg2ydtm2pf3yq6z5