The academic data support associate (ADSA) supports the instructional team to ensure that they have the materials and tools needed for meeting Ascend's academic goals. The ADSA trains and supports staff on our student and academic data software systems to ensure that assessments are administered and data is captured, and academic materials are purchased and available in the classroom.
Why extraordinary professionals choose Ascend
Ascend is a network of K-12 public charter schools serving 5,700 students across 15 schools in Central Brooklyn. Our mission is to provide our students an extraordinary education, placing them firmly on the path to success in college and beyond.
We guide our students to think critically and independently, and to enjoy education as an end in itself. We teach a rich and rigorous liberal arts curriculum that nurtures students' natural curiosity about the world. We foster a positive, non-punitive school culture where students feel connected, empowered, and safe to take academic risks. And we design our school buildings to reflect the incredible accomplishments that happen within their walls and our high aspirations for teaching and learning.
To create this kind of vibrant learning community, we invest heavily in our faculty by providing ongoing professional training and support, and encourage our educators to collaborate closely and push each other to achieve great outcomes.
Visit our website - https://www.ascendlearning.org/ to learn more about the Ascend approach.
The academic data support associate will work under the direction of the managing director of schools to support the highest quality of instruction and accelerate scholars' learning. Additionally, the ADSA will:
* Ensure that all schools in the network tap the full potential of the Infinite Campus student information system, Illuminate academic data system, and Tableau by working on the setting up of the new systems, training staff, and instituting protocols to ensure system-wide consistency
* Support the school leaders and school-based staff in recording official grades
* Ensure that all required curricular materials are purchased, delivered to schools, and placed in classrooms
* Support the instructional team in ensuring that assessments are ordered and administered and that data is captured into academic data systems
Staff and reporting relationships
The academic data support associate reports to the managing director of schools.
* Bachelor's degree required
* Instructional elementary or middle school experience preferred
* Charter school experience preferred
* Outstanding computer skills, including fluency with Microsoft Excel, and preferably experience with Microsoft Access
* Effective written and spoken communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong organizational skills and thorough attention to detail
* A very strong work ethic and a sense of urgency
* Ability to work under pressure and tight timelines
* Ability to self-manage in a highly professional work environment, which requires interfacing with constituents at the network and schools levels
* Ability to juggle multiple tasks of varying complexity and to stay organized in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Diversity at Ascend
Ascend is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community, both through our hiring practices and our focus on creating a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and educating students. Ascend staff represent a wide diversity of racial, socio-economic, gender, religious, and national identities—opening a window to the entire Ascend community on the richness of humanity. We welcome all applicants who share our mission and vision to join us in our deeply consequential work.
Ascend offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit www.ascendschools.org/careers to learn more about the benefits of working at Ascend.