Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
DREAM is seeking a dynamic and results-driven individual to serve as an Operations Coordinator for DREAM's Highbridge Elementary School. The Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Operations and will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of our Operations Team. The Operations Coordinator will have a significant role in ensuring efficient office operations while providing exemplary customer service. The Coordinator will be responsible for the upkeep of administrative systems and routines, and will function as a contact person for all of general inquiries. The Coordinator will be responsible for the daily operations of the school's front desk, support with vendor management and invoicing, support with the management of inventory and ordering, and support with our student recruitment. Candidates must also understand and value DREAM's comprehensive approach to youth development and inspire, lead, and motivate DREAM staff to drive outcomes that support youth in recognizing their potential and realizing their dreams.
• Inventory Management:
• Support staff with the ordering process and ensures orders are placed and delivered in a timely manner;
• Maintains procurement platform and ensures all information is up to date;
• Support with the maintenance of all supply areas to ensure all of the necessary supplies and resources are readily available for staff;
• Support with developing inventory systems that allow for supplies to be stocked and ordered in a timely manner while at the same time maintaining frequent communication with staff on the status of their orders;
• Support with the completion of monthly AMEX report process;
• Student Recruitment:
• Support in the outreach to prospective applicants, including SchoolMint application support and family tours;
• Support in the planning and execution of student recruitment and family engagement events;
• Support with current family outreach as part of the re-enrollment process;
• Make calls to families to support with enrollment and new family engagement;
• Take on additional student recruitment responsibilities, as needed;
• Plan and execute logistics for student recruitment events including but not limited weekend and after-hours events;
• Facilities Management:
• Support with identifying and escalating facilities issues to the Facilities Team;
• Support with identifying facilities needs and repairs to communicate to Facilities Team;
• With the help of the Director of Operations, supports with conducting regular cadence of walkthroughs to hold staff to aesthetics standards;
• Uphold DREAM standards for aesthetics;
• Administrative Support:
• Support with maintenance of student information systems, including but not limited to attendance entry and tracking, management of student rosters, and reporting for school staff;
• Assist in the management of vendor contracts, invoice payments and record keeping;
• Coordinate the intake of the organization's incoming and outgoing mail (U.S. Postal Service and FedEx);
• Support in the collection and maintenance of student records (i.e. physicals, immunizations, pick up lists, etc).
• Provide additional administrative support (i.e. ordering food, arranging transportation, etc.) as needed;
• Office Management:
• Oversee DREAM's delivery system and arranges for deliveries, as appropriate;
• Keep the office neat and organized;
• Keep all common spaces clean and stocked (i.e. staff room, copy room, etc.);
• Maintain positive relationships with all staff;
• Assist in the management and implementation of a school-wide family communications;
• Student Meal Service:
• Support Operations Manager and Director of Operations in placing food orders for student meals and ensuring we have enough food for all students that want it;
• Support with billing processes and ensure there are systems in place to track student meal counts;
• Coordinate logistics of school meal service including but not limited to scheduling, troubleshooting, and ensuring adherence to compliance and safety expectations;
• Support with maintaining relationships with food vendors;
• Support with delivery of food and meal carts to cafeteria and designated classrooms;
• COVID Coordination:
• Manage COVID-related communication systems and notifications to families and staff;
• Coordinate with families, front desk reception, and appropriate team members when staff or students are sent home due to COVID-19 symptoms or cleared to return;
• Respond to or direct COVID-19 specific questions from families and staff;
• Coordinate on-site student and staff testing (as applicable);
• Ensure adequate PPE and health and safety supplies (ie first aid kits, sanitation stations);
• Ensure all students and staff have proper PPE before entering the building;
• Coordinate contact tracing;
• Log and track COVID-19 related information and data for all students, families and staff;
• Drive collection and warehousing of student vaccine data;
• Support with vaccine clinics.
• Bachelor's degree preferred;
• Availability on some early mornings, evenings, and weekends;
• At least 2 years of administrative experience, preferably in a non-profit setting;
• Bilingual in Spanish/English, preferred;
• Notary Public, a plus;
• Strong commitment to customer service and understanding of the importance of administrative functions to the organization's mission;
• Outstanding dependability, with a commitment to being on-time and prepared;
• Collaborative team-player;
• Solid oral and written communication skills;
• Whatever it takes attitude and a willingness to change priorities at a moment's notice;
• Strong computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
• A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the belief that all students can succeed, and a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
• DREAM offers a competitive salary commensurate with relevant experience with the potential for an annual performance-based increase. The incoming salary range for this position is $50,000 to $55,000. New hires are typically brought into the organization at a salary closer to the start of the range depending on qualifications, internal equity, and the budgeted amount for the role. All staff are eligible for annual performance-based increases. Because we value staff tenure in each role, we do not currently cap salary ranges.
• We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for medical plans and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time and paid holidays, referral bonuses, professional development, an employee assistance program (EAP) and a 403(b) plan with employer matching up to 4%.
DREAM's VACCINATION POLICY
DREAM requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees. Reasonable Accommodations based on a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief are being considered in accordance with applicable law.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/74nZVgh6xqL8lS7GBCxA8j