The Health of the Public Charter School Movement: A State-by-State Analysis is a companion to the National Alliances annual rankings that evaluate each states charter school law. Expanding beyond the work of evaluating state laws, this new annual report utilizes 11 different measures to determine how well a states charter schools are performing, innovating, and growing.
Watch our October 1st release event here:
See the Rankings
Click the map below to see how each state stacks up in the national rankings.
In the News
See coverage of our Health of the Public Charter School Movement rankings below:
- Politico: The State of Charter Schools
- Education Week: D.C. and Louisiana Are 'Healthiest' Charter Systems in New Rankings
- Daily Caller: DC Charters Rated Nations Best
- Washington Post: D.C. charter schools come in first in new quality ranking
- Cronkite News: Arizona falls in middle of states for progress of charter schools
- Pittsburgh Business Times: Laws holding back Pennsylvania's charter school movement
- The Providence Journal: Rhode Island charter school movement gets good grades from a national pro-charter group
- Orlando Sentinel: Florida ranked 11 of 26 states for charter school quality, innovation and growth
- WBIR-TV (TN): Tennessee's charter movement ranked ninth out of 26 states
- The Times-Picayune: Louisiana has second-strongest charter school initiative in the U.S., report says
- LA School Report: Report ranks California charter schools 8th best in U.S.
- Albuquerque Journal: NM charter school laws rank high
- Chalkbeat TN: Tennessee receives high ranking for charter schools from national advocacy organization
- The Tennessean: Tennessees charter movement ranked ninth out of 26 states
- ABC12 (MI): Michigan ranked third for healthiest charter schools
Join the Conversation!
Ask questions during our event and participate in the discussion on Twitter using #CharterMovement.