Immediate Teaching Opportunities at New Visions
|Organization||New Visions for Public Schools (view profile)|
|Location||New York City|
|Job Type||Full time / part time|
|Date of posting||11/13/17|
Immediate Teaching Opportunities
New Visions is currently accepting applications for immediate teaching positions. The application for the 2018-19 school year will be released in the Spring.
New Visions for Public Schools seeks the most talented and dedicated educators to bring their skills, experience, and energy to a collaborative and innovative learning environment where teachers are empowered to meet each student's unique learning needs and open the doors to new and rich opportunities. Our teachers are dynamic and innovative pedagogues who are committed to urban students and the issues they face every day.
Every New Visions teacher can expect to receive enhanced instructional support, a range of professional development opportunities and the opportunity to be part of a passionate team of colleagues.
New Visions for Public Schools is looking for teachers certified in Grades 7 through 12 in any of the following subject areas:
- Art (Dance, Drama, Music, Visual Arts)
- CTE (All Concentrations)
- Earth Science
- English Language Arts
- English as a Second/New Language
- Foreign Language (All Concentrations)
- Physical Education/Health
- Social Studies
- Special Education
Advantages of teaching at a New Visions School include:
- Emphasis on knowledge sharing practices, frequent trainings and targeted professional development opportunities
- Eligibility to apply for grants and fellowships to support the personal and professional development of exceptional teachers
- Access to leadership development programs and career opportunities from the classroom to school administration to educational reform
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits
- Data tools that teachers need to succeed
Candidates must have at least a Bachelor’s degree, hold valid New York State certification*, and must be cleared for employment by fingerprint-supported background checks. We are committed to diversity in our hiring and employment practices, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Successful candidates will:
- Approach learning via growth mindset
- Be reflective, seek feedback, learn from those around them, and effectively apply feedback
- Make informed decisions, based on evidence and data, about their lesson planning
- Demonstrate strong content knowledge and be familiar with the Common Core State Standards
- Have a proven track record for planning lessons with clear learning objectives and a means for assessing whether those objectives have been met
- Have a proven track record for engaging students in their own learning
- Have strong organizational and communication skills
- Have demonstrated success in tailoring instruction to the needs of diverse learners
- Be committed to serving all students and respect children from all backgrounds
- Demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
*There are limited opportunities for qualified teachers who do not possess a NY State certification to work in one of our Charter High Schools.
New Visions for Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit an application today!