EFC Director of Assessment, Data, and Analysis
|Organization||Education for Change Public Schools (view profile)|
|Classification||Administrative / Business Office|
|Date of posting||8/4/17|
Application Process: Apply online here
Education for Change is looking for a dynamic and visionary leader who will manage our academic data systems and drive our use of data to inform instructional practice. S/he will ensure that principals, teaches, coaches, and other stakeholders have access to relevant academic data and build capacity within these stakeholders to make data-driven decisions. S/he works closely with the EFC Instructional Team, report directly to the Chief Academic Officer, and manages the Data Manager.
About Education for Change Public Schools
Education for Change Public Schools (EFCPS) believes it is the right for every child to have access to a high-quality, 21st century education. Our mission is to provide a superior public education to Oakland’s most underserved children by creating a system of schools that focuses relentlessly on our student’s academic achievement. EFCPS is a charter management organization that manages a diverse portfolio of TK-8 schools, growing to a portfolio of preK-12 schools in the Fruitvale and Elmhurst neighborhoods of Oakland, currently serving 3,200 children. Additional information about Education for Change can be found at www.efcps.org.
• Support site leaders in building capacity around data inquiry and analysis to inform instruction and site-level planning
• Ensure data systems (Illuminate, Schoolzilla, and others) are functional and easy to access for all relevant stakeholders
• Lead reporting and analysis of all data; develop accountability reports; provide leadership with analysis on program effectiveness
• Create reports in Tableau, Illuminate, Excel, and other reporting systems as needed
• Ensure that all relevant student data from external sources is integrated into EFC’s data systems
• Assess and recommend data management software solutions as needed. Facilitate professional development opportunities for school leaders around information systems and data processes
• Support schools with the administration of organization-wide and state-mandated assessments
• Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure school performance and track progress against these KPIs
• Coach and manage the Data Manager
• Manage Federal, State and local accountability reporting
• Work with CAO to ensure Board has timely and detailed academic and culture performance reports
• Coordinate student report card process
• Audit and improve schools’ and organization’s collection, storage, utilization and communication of data
• Coordinate students’ state testing protocol, procedures and materials
• Support Home Office projects as needed
• Minimum of 5 years work experience (preferably in an education-related, data-focused role)
• Ability to analyze and assess quantitative and qualitative data
• Resourceful and active learner
• Natural problem solver
• Team player that thrives in collaborative environments
• Excellent interpersonal, writing, communication and presentation skills
• Management experience
• Experience with Tableau, SQL, and/or R
EFC Core Values - required by all EFC staff
• We collaborate. We are a team. We plan together, observe and analyze each other’s work, collaborate with our coaches and site leaders, partner with our families, and together make decisions about our programming.
• We are a learning organization. We approach or practice with an inquiry stance and a growth mindset; we analyze, innovate, and iterate every single day so that we continually improve. We believe in coaching and developing people at every level of experience, at every level of the organization.
• We are solutions-oriented. We approach every challenge with a problem-solving orientation. We listen to and encourage each other. We are resilient in the face of adversity.
• We are accountable. Our mission is to provide a superior public education to Oakland’s most underserved children. We assume personal accountability for student growth; we analyze multiple forms of data, and that analysis drives our instruction.
• We are student-focused. We form close relationships, utilize personalized learning, differentiate instruction, make learning culturally relevant, engage families, and provide individualized interventions to meet the needs of every child.
• We listen. We are a small, responsive organization that values students, family, and employee voice and input.
• We are rooted in community. Ours is a place-based strategy that works deeply with neighborhood leaders and partners to serve our children. We understand that the cultures, values, traditions, and assets that our families bring must be leveraged and honored to reach and teach our children.
Compensation: EFCPS offers a competitive pay. For details, go to www.efcps.org/careers.
Application Process: Apply online here